jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (21 posts)

Happy Easter

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years ago

I would like to wish everyone a Happy Easter tomorrow to all who celebrate the day. To you who don't have a super duper Sunday.
    regards Zsuzsy

To all of you here in my neck of the woods rejoice I saw my first Robin this morning spring is here...zs

2. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84

I just realized it is Easter Sunday already. He has risen...pass on the good news. zs

1. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image90
      LdsNana-AskMormonposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I am on the west coast... countdown to Easter Morning when the SON came up!

Happy Easter to all who celebrate the greatest event in the history of the world and for all mankind!

It is the bestest Good News:-)

Pass it on...

3. Paraglider profile image90
    Paragliderposted 8 years ago

I'm just starting a normal working day here in Qatar, where Easter comes and goes largely unnoticed. But I know it's Easter Sunday! Happy Easter, folks.

4. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 8 years ago

Happy Easter Zsuzsy and fellow Hubbers! 

Easter is a great time.  As well as celebrating the Ressurrection and the start of Spring, we in the UK get both Good Friday and Easter Monday off work (Horray). 

Mind you, in spite of global warming it was snowing here yesterday but you can't have everything can you? smile

5. Bonnie Ramsey profile image88
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 8 years ago

It is 5:49 A.M. Easter morning here in Mississippi and I have just put the dressing into the oven. Once that's done, in goes the baked beans and green bean casserole. Hopefully, most will be done by 9:30 so I can head off to my sister's house where my brother will do our Easter sermon at her house, we'll eat and then have a huge egg hunt! We will only have about 40 of the family there today but it should be a blessing to see them.

It is a job doing the cooking for this many people but we each bring things and that helps. The dressing and baked beans that I make are in a large roasting pan and holds about 3 gallons. We have 2 of those pans of dressing and 1 of backed beans and one of green bean casserole! I can't wait to see all the goodies everyone will bring! Oh, I forgot about the cheesecakes I made! Those have been a challenge to leave alone since I made them yesterday! LOL.

I am mostly looking forward to my brother (Tommy's) sermon. He is a deacon at our family church back home and sometimes fills in for the Pastor when he can't be there. He is so shy that he sometimes has trouble getting the words to come out but always has a powerful message that is a blessing in the end. Please keep him in your prayers.

Will see all of you back here tonight so go find those eggs! HAPPY EASTER, EVERYONE!

6. gamergirl profile image59
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Happy zombie Jesus day!

*runs off giggling*

1. ripplemaker profile image89
      ripplemakerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

HAHAHAHA  *giggles running after you*

The easter message for me is timeless:  It still begins and ends with love.  And joy and humor too.  big_smile  Happy easter everyone!

7. stephhicks68 profile image85
    stephhicks68posted 8 years ago

Happy Easter Everyone!  I am delighting in the joys of my children pouring through their Easter baskets right now after an amazing (and sometimes a bit overwhelming) egg hunt through our house.... 4 kids... running everywhere!

We're off to church in about 2 hours where it will be filled with lillies and kids will bring flowers to adorn the Cross at the entry.  It will be glorious!  Then, to my in-laws house (I'm not cooking) for lunch and enjoyment of the early spring day!

Have a wonderful day!

8. In The Doghouse profile image94
    In The Doghouseposted 8 years ago

Happy Easter to everyone.  This morning in Southern California the Son is shining brighter than ever and it promises to be a glorious new day!

9. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

Happy Easter. I've eaten my chocolate bunny already smile

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Susan! I sent this to my 7 year-old granddaughter she'll think it's a hoot. thanks for sharing.zs

10. Shirley Anderson profile image85
    Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago

Happy Easter everyone, from cold but sunny Ontario, Canada.

I didn't get a bunny.  sad

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I had to buy my own smile

1. Shirley Anderson profile image85
        Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Think that's what I'll do next year, since Peter Cottontail seems to have lost my address.

Thx for the tip.

11. waynet profile image49
    waynetposted 8 years ago

Happy easter everyone too, I m stuffing my face with easter eggs!

because it has something to do with jesus!!

12. RFox profile image82
    RFoxposted 8 years ago

Happy Easter everyone! While the snow is still heavy on the mountains, Spring is definitely in the air. Yippeee!

13. flread45 profile image81
    flread45posted 8 years ago

I can't wait for fishing to start in the streams...

14. Soya profile image60
    Soyaposted 8 years ago

i'm a bit late but happy easter every one:0

15. William F. Torpey profile image84
    William F. Torpeyposted 8 years ago

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter. I guess spring is really here -- I was able to play golf today for the first time since the cold weather set in!

16. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84

I just got home. It was the most awesome day with my children and granddaughters. The weather here in the southwest of Ontario Canada was cool but sunny, with bright blue skies. As there is still some snow on the ground the Easter Bunny spread his bounty all over the house. It was quite a noisy affair as two giggling little girls and two Old English Sheepdogs chased around.  We prepared all our traditional foods before going to services. There is nothing as beautiful to me then being able to spend these holidays with my family.

[Another sure sign of spring finally having arrived is that the Canada Geese are returning by great lots. The neighbors corn field (last year) is covered with at least 100-150 birds. They're resting and cleaning up last years forgotten kernels before some continue on further up north.] 

Hope all of you had as great a day as me. zs