jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Question

1. ChristinaScibona profile image80
    ChristinaScibonaposted 7 years ago

Okay...I have another question....Do I need permission to link to other hubbers hubs or can I just do it?  Thanks.

1. Sally's Trove profile image98
      Sally's Troveposted 7 years ago in reply to this

When I want to link to another Hubber's Hub, I contact the Hubber via HP email to let them know I'm doing it and why. It's a courtesy.

Some Hubbers don't enable the "contact" option in HP, so there's no way to contact them privately. If that's the case, then I'll link anyway, and that's a benefit for them.

I don't think any will find fault with your doing that, unless you are painting them in a bad light, as livewithrichard said.

Link away while making sure that your linking is appropriate to both your Hub and the other's Hub.

2. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Please use caution installing other hubber's hub links. I would suggest you ask for permission, just for the simple fact - (a) to avoid conflict, (b) to learn about that hubber(if they are interested in your proposal or not).

Maybe they don't want to be connected for whatever reason, then you create conflict, when safety measures can be taken by asking?

I would say, ask first. smile

2. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 7 years ago

Most don't seem to mind. I mean it's free advert for them to their hub. Some don't like it. It's your call, contact them or let them find it on their own.

I've done it both ways with good results from both.

1. ChristinaScibona profile image80
      ChristinaScibonaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for answering so fast!  I might as well contact them and have them give me permission although it will slow the process down a little.  I guess I can try it both ways and hope that no one gets mad!

3. livewithrichard profile image83
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

Most hubbers will be quite happy to get a link from you unless you are painting them in a bad light. If I were you, I would write my content ad the links and THEN let the hubber know you linked to them.

4. profile image60
    Mileeposted 7 years ago

Is this our scores in the right lower box?

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yes, it is your hubber/author score.

5. Phoenix Files profile image60
    Phoenix Filesposted 7 years ago

I don't mind anything that gets people to read my stuff!

Just FYI on the score thing: the score truly ends up having little to do with the actual quality of your writing.

6. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

Cagsil's got a good point.  I can't imagine minding anyone linking to my hub, but it's not that hard to imagine someone else wanting to avoid me--perhaps because of differing political views, perhaps something else, could be just about anything.

1. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Ghost32. smile How are you today? smile

7. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 7 years ago

If anyone ever wants to link to my hubs, I'm all for it unless they're saying something bad about it. I've got the contact thing enabled, but it is rare for me to check my email unless I'm expecting something. big_smile

I would say it's fine to add links, but probably a good idea to at least make them aware of it.

working