jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Terms of Service help

1. rchj98 profile image55
    rchj98posted 9 years ago

Hi,
      I was just wondering....If I were to write a hub about making money online and I refer a couple of clickbank links as an affiliate...would that be a violation of the terms of service agreement?
    The hub would actually help and be honest about making money, but obviously I would be the beneficiary of the clickbank links also. 
    I don't want to jeopardize my hubpages account....I was just wondering if there was a way to do this without violating any TOS.

Thanks

1. Maddie Ruud profile image78
      Maddie Ruudposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Hi rchj98.

You are allowed up to 2 links to a single domain per hub, provided that the hub is original content (does not appear anywhere else on the web).

Hope this helps.

rchj98posted 9 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your input, I really appreciate it being so new to this. smile

2. relache profile image84
      relacheposted 9 years ago in reply to this

What Maddie didn't clarify is that having more than 2 clickbank links won't violate the HubPages TOS.  It will cause a penalty to be incurred on that Hub, and the HubScore for that Hub will be lower.

1. darkside profile image80
        darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Doesn't "overly-promotional" get a hub bumped to unpublished?

1. relache profile image84
          relacheposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I've seen lots of Hubs with three or four links to the same site, and they are still published, they just have incredibly low scores.  More than that and Hubs do tend to get unpublished.

thanks for more clarification....this is such a great group of people!   smile

2. rchj98 profile image55

Thank you so much for your advice also...it's great to have nice people here to help! smile

2. waynet profile image49
    waynetposted 9 years ago

I'd only do one main clickbank link to be sure, because at the end of your sales pitch or hopefully useful article content, that link would provide further reading, but also, other related links on the web would if relevant add to the topic or subject, or maybe you might want to consider your own either blog post that mentions the clickbank product with further benefits that isn't described in your hub.

I'm constantly re arranging my hubs around and the content so that I find a better way of presenting useful content, although there are still some hubs of mine that need sorting out, I'm happy to be here, even after a year or so!

Also if you are ever promoting someone elses product, the promotional tools should betailored to your own personal view, so if you get email copy and paste emails, it's best to re word these into an article if possible in your own words...

Anyway, I talk (or write too much!!)

Wayne...thanks for the well thought out reply...it really helps!  smile

working