jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Closing ceremonies of the Olympics!

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image83
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 6 years ago

Did any of you guys catch the closing ceremonies? What did you think?

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Got to love the RCMP uniforms smile

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

It was like an acid trip. Giant beavers, tap dancing canoes and flying moose. But, I did enjoy it. I loved us making fun of ourselves smile  I would have liked better music. Neil Young was great but the rest were "eh".

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol funny susan.  parts of it were very nice, beautiful, fun, but I wasn't too impressed with the music. I muted parts of it. hmm overall, I thought canada did a great job and enjoyed watching it this year. a poetic close with the hockey win! smile

would love to tour british columbia, it looks so awesome.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
        Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You should visit the Okanagan. I went there two summers ago for a wedding and it is absolutely beautiful, especially the drive through the mountains from Vancouver to there. Vancouver is okay and Victoria is beautiful too.

2. Zsuzsy Bee profile image83
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

UW your absolutely right about those beavers, moose etc. A weird trip  into a wacky tourist shop? I'm not sure that the world understood us making fun of ourselves. Nickleback was okay but the rest of the music could  definitely have been better.
      I'm iffy about Neil Young's performance but then I was never much of a fan...
      Having been sick and being confined to the couch I watched a heck of a lot of the Olympics and I'm mighty proud of how it all went.
      Yeah BC a super great job... and also congrats to all the athletes

working