jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)

If you were sentenced to life in prison with no parole

1. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

what do you think you would do to fill the time?

I'm guessing I would write and study and get a degree in Law

1. double_frick profile image80
      double_frickposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i would write. exercise. meditate. read. learn. think. write. write.

geez, is it pathetic that i'm literally salivating at the thought of that much alone time?! sad

me needs a break...

2. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I would die trying to escape! There's no way I'd accept such a sentence even if I deserved it!

2. theirishobserver. profile image62
    theirishobserver.posted 7 years ago

As someone who has been in prison - I would say Art, poetry, writing, gym, Masters in Criminology, prison is hard time, dont worry about what you read in some of the tabloids about prison being easy, it aint easy, its real tough, sharing a 12ft by 8ft concrete tomb with another person, eating, toileting, washing and sleeping together 17 hours every day.......yep....assaults..rape.....people being stabbed.....people being murdered...yep it all happens.. still its made me a better person smile

3. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago

i'd write a book about it if it were me, and i'd study law too.  who knows maybe i might find a loop hole to get out of jail.  or i could just do what andy dufrane did in "Shawshank Redemption" and just carefully plan out an escape on the side, in case the warden screws me over.  lol.

4. Ultimate Hubber profile image81
    Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago

I'll write all the books and articles I want on politics. Build new websites and blogs. Read and read more. big_smile

5. Ultimate Hubber profile image81
    Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago

And do some hubbing also. lol

6. theirishobserver. profile image62
    theirishobserver.posted 7 years ago

Stev - loved that movie - great story smile

7. profile image0
    moonphlowerposted 7 years ago

I would read...lots of reading!  I guess in some fashion that would be my escape from my surroundings.  Then I'm sure I would write about it in some form.  As you, I would most likely carry on with my education...

8. profile image0
    hamstersmessiahposted 7 years ago

i would use my superior mind control techniques to get the governor or president to pardon me

9. darkside profile image79
    darksideposted 7 years ago

I would shave my head (give the other inmates less to hold onto, if you know what I mean), pump iron, and study philosophy.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago in reply to this

yeah, that's a very good idea.  plus, i wouldn't shower at all if i could help it if i had to spend the rest of my life in prison.   this way, i can make myself very unattractive to the other inmates.

10. Rafini profile image86
    Rafiniposted 7 years ago

i would get a degree, and another, and another, and another...
    i would also exercise, read, write, meditate as to Why I am there lol,

1. double_frick profile image80
      double_frickposted 7 years ago in reply to this

hey, i forgot you could get degrees!
      with all the time in the world i'd rack up some of those...for the life of me out here i don't have the motivation for college.
      wish you could take a test for a degree, i wanna be a doctor! <3

11. Greek One profile image75
    Greek Oneposted 7 years ago

1)Work out to get big and strong, so that I would not be subjected to any unwanted sexual advances or similar penetrations of my person

2) Work on my appeal

3) Watch all episodes of 'Prison Break' over and over and over again.

working