jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Hub won't publish

1. Bonnie Ramsey profile image90
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 8 years ago

I just published a hub about 15 minutes ago but it isn't showing up in the hubtivity as published. My pawprint hub published but not the last one about proposals. Anyone ever had this to happen?

Bonnie

2. Bonnie Ramsey profile image90

LOL. It is there now!

3. Bonnie Ramsey profile image90

Wierd! It just happened again! This is hubs that I have saved unpublished and when I finish them then hit publish now, the count shows under number of hubs but hub doesn't post in hubtivity. Any suggestions?

Bonnie

1. flread45 profile image83
      flread45posted 8 years ago in reply to this

THey are most likely reviewing it before they publish it ..

4. Lissie profile image88
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

I've noticed a delay before a published hub shows in hubtiviity - but its definitly published ie you can log out and still see it.  I think its just the mechanimsm that populates hubtivity gets a bit tired keeping up with hubber s sometimes!

5. Bonnie Ramsey profile image90

LOL, Lissie, you may be right about that. I guess even computer software can experience overload, huh?
    I was just curious if the fact that being unpublished for a while had anything to do with it because these are the only ones this is happening with. Also, once I finish them, maybe I need to click done editing. then click edit again to publish. Would this make a difference ya think?

Bonnie

6. Bonnie Ramsey profile image90

Since I have never had one flagged, I can't imagine that they would do that. They only review hubs before publication when there has been a repeat offense by the poster. It has been almost an hour now and it still isn't there. Hubtivity shows to-the-minute activity all during that time but my hub isn't there. sad

Bonnie

7. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 8 years ago

There is just a delay.

From what I understand, all the numerous "updating" processes on the site are enormously taxing on the servers, so they don't all run real-time. They sometimes batch-run them every 5-10 minutes or so.

8. Bonnie Ramsey profile image90

Thanks, Jason! It finally showed up after a couple of hours. Guess we are just overworking them! LOL. Had no problem with the last one, though. Thanks for the info!

Bonnie

working