jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

A Possible Hub Service

1. Charles James profile image86
    Charles Jamesposted 6 years ago

Many of us are writing longer pieces of work as well as the relatively short hubs we post. It might be "the great Canadian novel" or in my case a law textbook.

If there were to be a fire at my house it is likely that I would lose both the computer and my backup memory stick.

It would be very helpful if I could have access to a remote site so my months of work are not irretreivably lost. I am currently putting each chapter up as a seperate unpublished hub. Unfortunately my textbook chapters are dragging my average score down.

So pretty please could Hubpages provide this service to writers? Free of course.

If Hub pages wanted to set conditions like 10 or 30 published hubs to qualify, that would be reasonable.

Charles James

2. Jenna May Swan profile image60
    Jenna May Swanposted 6 years ago

Put it all in the 'clooud'.

There are a few free services and even google will let you store quite a lot on their google documents service.  Great for editing when you are not at home on your own computer!

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

This "service" you are talking about already exists on the internet from a variety of sites.  Why should HubPages re-invent a wheel that is already out there?

4. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Charles - use Google Docs. Just google it, read up and you'll be suited. It's a great place to store 'stuff'. It should meet your needs quite nicely smile

5. Charles James profile image86
    Charles Jamesposted 6 years ago

Many Thanks. As ever you are a friend and mentor

6. Maddie Ruud profile image81
    Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago

Just to clarify, unpublished hubs do not affect your Hubber score.