jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Weird script showing up in hubpage?

1. EbenezerSplooge profile image61
    EbenezerSploogeposted 6 years ago

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm new to HubPages and I'm still trying to figure everything out.  I've got this weird text near the top of my page and not sure why it's there:

DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

When I've gone into edit mode it doesn't show up in any of the modules.  Any help would be appreciated.

And the page in question is: <snipped>

1. Faybe Bay profile image84
      Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That happened to me once. It might be the picture, I think it was from a picture with HTML text which was not supported. As it says DOC that means it is a file. Wherever you saved the pic from or to might be the culprit. i would get the picture again and try saving it to MY PICTURES. then delete the original and go from My Computer and load it again.

2. EbenezerSplooge profile image61
    EbenezerSploogeposted 6 years ago

That was it!  Thank you very much!

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Actually, this isn't an image problem.  It's an ad-serving problem, but it's only happening in HubPages' share of the impressions.  So you probably thought it was fixed, when you were really just looking at one of the impressions with your own AdSense ID in it.  Rest assured, we're working on it, and it's not affecting user impressions.

3. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago

Update: Should be fixed now.

working