jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Easy backup?

1. pharmacist profile image95
    pharmacistposted 6 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I apologize if this question is already answered somewhere obvious.  I did try to look.

Is there an easy way to backup our Hubs directly from this site to our computer or to an external drive?  I suppose for those who write them out first in a Word document, they have their own copy for backup.  But if I have some Hubs that I did not write that way (I know...shame on me!!) is there some easy way to back them up?  Or do I just have to go through and copy/paste every box in the article into a Word file?  I'm being lazy...I admit it.

Anyway...any thoughts or advice??

2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image75
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 6 years ago

I am also wondering the same thing. I have not yet find any such tool in Hubpages.
    Maddie can explain.

Jyoti Kothari

3. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago

There's no easy way to back up all your hubs at once.  You can create a PDF of each hub individually by scrolling to the bar at the bottom (with the thumbs up/down buttons, etc) and hitting "Print" then the green "get PDF" button on the print preview.

Otherwise, it's gotta be copy/paste.

4. Sage Williams profile image92
    Sage Williamsposted 6 years ago

Maddie - Once again, thanks so much.  This information is valuable.  I had no idea you could do this.  Just made a PDF of all my hubs.

Thanks for sharing your expertise.  It is greatly appreciated!

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image75
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Maddie,
      Thanks for your reply. I suggest Hubpages to provide an option for exporting the hub as in blogger. However, this option can be limited to hub author only so that no other people can exploit the system.
      Jyoti Kothari

5. Mieka profile image80
    Miekaposted 6 years ago

Ahh nice, guess what I'll be doing the next half hour smile

6. pharmacist profile image95
    pharmacistposted 6 years ago

Thank you!  Like some others I guess...I never really knew about that feature!!  That will save some time, and at least ensure that I have the content saved should some disaster strike the site! 

Thanks again,