jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Hints for plagiarizers

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

Beware...heavy sarcasm to follow

Just a few hints to help when you just have to copy and paste an article:

Check your copy... leaving the word ADVERTISEMENT in the middle of your article makes people suspicious.

If your title is barely literate and then your copy is perfect, people will get suspicious. If you are going to copy the article, why not copy the title also?

If you must copy an article, choose one that is well-written. Copying from catalogue sites will not get you many views.

Don't post in the forums complaining about anything, it will draw attention to your articles.

Don't post 20 hubs within 5 minutes, people will get suspicious if you do.

2. Bonnie Ramsey profile image88
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 8 years ago

LOL, UW! This is a good one! It does seem that the ones doing this are the ones in the forums screaming the loudest, doesn't it? I would think common sense would tell them not to draw attention. Oh, wait! They steal articles so I guess common sense isn't in their stolen dictionary, huh?

3. amy jane profile image84
    amy janeposted 8 years ago

Very funny, Uninvited Writer! That bugs me too - they are so obvious in their methods and there are so many of them.
    One drifts into the forums at least once a week.  I guess if they were smarter, they could come up with original content smile

4. 0
    jooles01posted 8 years ago

Let me tell you something funny that happened to me years ago.  I was working in a college teaching psychology.  One of my students handed in a piece of work and I just new it was copied but I didn't know where from.  i searched the usual textbooks - no luck.  I asked a colleague if she recognised it and she stood there laughing at me.  Eventually she stopped and said - she's copied your class notes!

Another time we had two students hand in the same coursework but one was on white paper and the other was on green paper.  Then they both denied copying.  What fun!