jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)

I seem to be getting a lot of Down For Maintenance notices

1. Bard of Ely profile image86
    Bard of Elyposted 7 years ago

For the last couple of days I have seen several Down For Maintenance notices and found that hubpages has only been like this for seconds because it has happened after I have tried moving from one site to another here and if I try again I have gained access. Is anyone else having this strange problem?

1. profile image0
      StormRyderposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have been getting this also, usually doesn't last long but it's still aggravating big_smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Bard, it might be because of your time zone.  HubPages probably does its maintenance when most US users would be offline - which is probably when you're on!

3. Brie Hoffman profile image80
      Brie Hoffmanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

My hub statistics have been frozen for hours now.  I haven't seen any notices that they are working on anything and yes it does seem like this has been happening a bit too often in my opinion.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There might be a problem on your end. It could be your browser.

My stats page is working fine and has been all day. I'm monitoring recent changes I've made to my hubs and been watching the traffic.

So, I'm not exactly sure what that is about. If need be, I'd suggest emailing HubPages Staff and ask them. smile

1. Brie Hoffman profile image80

I just tried it in a different browser and it was still the same...soooo frustrating.  Do you know where the email address is to write to hubpages?

I'm still frozen!!!!

1. Sufidreamer profile image81
              Sufidreamerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Is it that cold in NY - I will have to send you some Greek sunshine big_smile

They announced that they are moving the statistics data to another server or something, and said that it should be fixed today. My stats have not moved, either smile

Where do you find those announcements?  And btw, thanks for replying, I thought I was the only one because no one had replied.

1. Sufidreamer profile image81
                  Sufidreamerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There you go - I always check the official announcements if something is wrong: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/37536

No worries - glad to help. At least you know that there isn't anything wrong with your computer. smile

2. Sab Oh profile image60
                Sab Ohposted 7 years ago in reply to this

"Is it that cold in NY - I will have to send you some Greek sunshine"

Just don't send Greek Fire!

2. thisisoli profile image58
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

I get these occasionally too, they seem to be resolved quickly though so I am not too worried about them!

1. profile image61
      carillunposted 7 years ago in reply to this

hi

3. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 7 years ago

I got the maintenance-message yesterday and the maintenance page was colourful this time. big_smile

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I saw one of these notices for about five minutes yesterday.

5. Maddie Ruud profile image84
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

Should be all over with in a few hours.

1. IvyCrenshaw profile image61
      IvyCrenshawposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Maddie.

6. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 7 years ago

Cool under construction page. big_smile

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6522/hubl.jpg

7. Bard of Ely profile image86
    Bard of Elyposted 7 years ago

What is really odd about it is that it seems to be only for seconds not even the minutes it says to try again in! If maintenance can be done that quickly that is brilliant! Myspace takes hours!

8. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

I lived in Mass, on the East Coast of the U.S. and I've run into the down for maintenance, at least 2 or 3 times today, nevermind yesterday. lol lol

working