jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Cut or Copy & Paste?

1. Rafini profile image87
    Rafiniposted 7 years ago

I just noticed the Amazon site tells me to cut & paste the product link - I have been doing a copy & paste!  Does it really make a difference?

1. Ohma profile image80
      Ohmaposted 7 years ago

I wouldnt think so since your really can not cut the link out of Amazon.

Rafiniposted 7 years ago in reply to this

it tells me to cut & paste...?

1. Cagsil profile image60
          Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

For those websites or blogs for which you have. There is only cut&paste for the individual line item choice over keyword choice, in the Amazon capsule.

You know, when you open an Amazon capsule, it tells you to enter in individual identification numbers/links or you can select keywords.

Hope that helped. smile

didn't know I could select keywords - I'll hafta check on that. 

geez, I hope I'm doing this right. 

When I go to the Associate links & banners page, I search for product, click the Get Link button, select link type, highlight HTML, & then copy & paste - today I noticed it told me to Cut & Paste.    does it matter if I copy or cut?

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
      Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I use the copy text link and paste into my capsules. I don't think how it's done will matter if it's showing up in your Hubs. smile hope that helps.

yes, thank you!  I was quite worried - thinking I had done all the work to add the ad's and that's why I wasn't earning anything yet    lol

must be I dont have enough traffic yet.  smile

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
      Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

No need to be so hard on yourself smile you're only 3 wks old on HP wink it will take time and traffic. smile Welcome to HubPages.

smile

nah, I was just a wee bit worried.  cuz I thought if the ads were placed wrong nothing would happen, ya know?  I realize I dont have enough traffic yet and I'm not too worried about that cuz I'm enjoying myself.  smile

4. profile image0
      rethansmithposted 7 years ago

The lingo essentially means the same thing - whether you cut and paste or copy and paste.

whew!  thanks  smile

working