jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

What's the secret to attracting followers?

1. Mamelody profile image60
    Mamelodyposted 6 years ago

How is it that they are several people who don't have a lot of hubs and yet have tons of followers?

I mean one person I came across only has one hub and yet they have 1,233 followers! Another one only has 3 hubs and has about 623 followers..

I'm just confused.. I thought the more hubs you have, the more followers you get but apparently thats not so..

So what am I missing? What is the secret of attracting followers??

1. Hokey profile image59
      Hokeyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Alot of people follow people and then the people reciprocate. If people follow me then I follow them. Why not?

2. livewithrichard profile image87
      livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The vast majority of people on hubpages never come to the forums so the only way they will know you exist is to go to their hubs and make relevant comments.  Many times, that hubber will then go to your profile to check you out and see if you have anything they can comment on.  It's give and take here but mostly about giving.

3. Patiopursuit profile image60
      Patiopursuitposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yah, just hit up the forums all the time and make friends, kind of like your own little clique and exchanging knowledge and I would say followers is more like a facebook friend, you add each other or what not

4. Moon Goddess1854 profile image61
      Moon Goddess1854posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I do random selection. I found plenty of talented writers and interesting article that I would rate it up. If I have enough time and the article made me want to throw in a bit more other than rating up, I leave a comment.

Although I have selected a few favorites. smile

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

As DS once said, some people go on a 'Fandom' spree tongue don't want to be doing that. hmm

3. 0
    philip carey 61posted 6 years ago

Popularity doesn't always indicate talent--it might indicate a pretty or handsome avatar, an edgy personality, etc. I've found some excellent writing by authors who do not have many fans, or a high score.

1. Jane@CM profile image60
      Jane@CMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Very true!

I follow many writers who I've never seen in the forums because they are talented and write about topics I'm interested in reading.

Hub followers are great, but they don't bring in the money smile

2. Moon Goddess1854 profile image61
      Moon Goddess1854posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree. Plenty of excellent work by relatively unknown hubbers.

4. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

I agree, followers come from many directions. I get most of mine due my participation in the forumns. People get to know me and are willing to see what I'm up to good or bad.smile

5. jacobkuttyta profile image48
    jacobkuttytaposted 6 years ago

Take time to visit other hubbers and leave a comment.  Then they may follow you

6. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Probably one of the best ways to get followers is to just not care about getting followers.  Do your own thing on Hubpages and the followers will come in time.

Trying too hard to get followers is probably not productive!

1. Mamelody profile image60
      Mamelodyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's the best advice so far! cheers mate tongue

7. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Read lots of hubs and leave comments. Many hubbers will reciprocate!

8. wrenfrost56 profile image82
    wrenfrost56posted 6 years ago

Forum participation will help, good hubs will help and leaving comments will help. It's nice to get followers, but it's not a reflection of how good a writer is. smile

9. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

As a relative newbie, I really appreciate the answers and suggestions I am finding in the Answers section and in Forums.  Since I have few followers at this point, I am tending to follow other Hubbers who have only a few followers themselves - sort of out of sympathy, I guess (but far more, because I like their Hubs).  Would there be any advantage to me, in creating more of a following, if I posted comments with Hubbers who have really large followings?