jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Hub Longevity

1. Paraglider profile image92
    Paragliderposted 8 years ago

Hub authors are putting all this original and in some cases unique content onto the site. Do we have any info on the longterm prospects for the content?

It's the old posterity question that concerns lots of us vain writers! If I kick the bucket, my personal websites will cease to be within a year or so when the hosting expires. But what is the hubpages' plan for permanence? Until now, I've never really questioned how the big content sites like Hub and Wiki plan for the future. Just interested, that's all.

It doesn't bother me yet, but someday I'll stop buying green bananas . . .

2. Rik Ravado profile image93
    Rik Ravadoposted 8 years ago

What's with the Green Bananas ?
    Interesting point you raise - could we pass on our adsense earnings via a will?
    Maybe in 200 years time your Adsense earnings might be sustaining a small island somewhere?
    In my case, giving my distant descendants a coffee every 10 years!

3. Paraglider profile image92

My interest is just theoretical too, as my trafic & earnings here are pretty low, but it would be interesting to know what happens to a successful hubber's "hub-estate" post mortem.

Green bananas? not worth buying when you have a week to live wink

4. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

I've actually thought about the opposite - if the HubPages team decides to fold its tent and set off into the sunset, what will happen to all our work?   Of course, I should have saved a backup copy of everything but...

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image89
      Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago in reply to this

So true.  I try to save most of my work, but not all.  Plus, it is a lot of work to simply format articles/hubs, even if the content is already there.

Green bananas...my husband likes them (weird- I think), so I probably would still buy them even if I only had a week to live.

5. Paraglider profile image92

However you look at it, it's an interesting topic. A site with as many inbound links as HP has would create internet chaos if it disappeared overnight.