jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Hub froze

1. ruanz3 profile image78
    ruanz3posted 6 years ago

I hope im not posting too much but i am kinda just starting to learn, so i wanted to ask why my hub froze? I was still busy writing it and it froze, so i had to do some stuff over. Does this happen with others? Thanks.

2. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

it will do that sometimes that is why I write in wordpad and transfer blocks of text into the capsule that way I don't lose anything.

3. MyWebs profile image84
    MyWebsposted 6 years ago

Yes it does to me on rare occasion. Since I have a very lousy internet connection I try to remember to copy any new text before saving the capsule or hub in case of problems. Retyping a bunch of text gets old...

I can't answer the why part. I use Google Chrome and it usually works rather well with HP. The built in spell checker saves me so often.

1. ruanz3 profile image78
      ruanz3posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It just happened again! It must be because of my poor internet connection. I will write in a wordpad from now on like lynne suggested. Thanks.

4. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

It is frustrating when you get half way through it and poof. The site is having some issues I believe due to whatever they are trying to do with the servers. You might want to go for a walk or do something else for a while until they get this glitch fixed.

5. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Only happened to me once, but I had about 50 firefox tabs up, one playing a movie, and other on some flash applications, so I am not altogether surprised it happens.

Fortuantely Hubpages normally keeps up pretty well with what you have done, I only needed to redo one capsule!

6. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Its uncommon for me, but has been happening frequently over the last couple of days...HP has been glitchy but considering a server migration and whatevr they are running to track the contest, i guess a few bugs are to be expected

7. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image79
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 6 years ago

I have experienced the similar many times. It happens in the internet for several reasons. That is why back up is so important.

Writing in MS word is a useful alternate. You can easily copy from there and paste it in to hubpages. It will protect you from annoying.

Jyoti Kothari