jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Question about amazon affiliates

1. AllanWrites profile image62
    AllanWritesposted 7 years ago

Once you get your first 7 orders completed, and your commission rate jumps to 6%, does it stay there forever? Or does it reset each month?

Also, do you have to get all seven orders in one month to meet the criteria for increased commission?

Thanks.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

1) no
    2) yes
    3) yes

You might want to read up on the program, as Amazon explains all of this.

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp … /main.html

3. AllanWrites profile image62
    AllanWritesposted 7 years ago

I've actually looked around and can't find any information specific to what i'm asking. That's the first thing I did before posting.

Okay, so if you get a bunch of $1 orders from random people and then you buy a TV, is that TV the only thing that you get increased commission on? Or do ALL of your items get increased commission?

If it's only the TV, doesn't that mean that the ORDER in which you get your items could greatly influence the amount you make?

Thanks

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's the order in which they are ordered. Peeps could order the TV first, then you will only get 4%.
      If they order 7 packets of seeds @ less than $1 each first, you get 6% on the TV.
      Last month I sold a greenhouse and only got 4% commission because no-one bought any cheap items first.

AllanWritesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

dang that's horrible. oh well, i still like the idea of 4% commissions.

1. IzzyM profile image86

I wqas jumping about like a mad thing when I learned I had earned even 4%! But 6% would have been even nicer smile

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

The order of purchase has nothing to do with it. It's the total number of units purchased throughout the entire month that determines the commisson level for most items.

Your greenhouse might just be at a set commission for some reason Izzy. Electronics are always 4% no matter how many items are purchased.

But at least we're selling stuff!

1. IzzyM profile image86

You sure about that Nelle? I mean I know you are the expert in all this but you sell a lot of stuff all the time.
      When I sold the greenhouse, amazon said, now sell another 6 items to get 6% commission.
      This month with everything back at zero, I sold six seed packets, and they said, sell one more item this month to get 6%.
      As in, I get 4% for this first 7 items each month, then it rises to 6% on any item sold for the remainder of the month.

5. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Yes Izzie it's the number of items for the month and then you start over again the next month. There are exceptions like electronics. I don't know about the others.

That's right 1-6 items is 4%
    7-30 is 6%
    30-110 is 6.5%
    and so on.

The increase in commission is for all items less the exceptions that stay at 4%.

I love the pop when you move to a new tier! Still makes me smile.

1. Mieka profile image80
      Miekaposted 7 years ago

I've been snooping around amazon yesterday. What i don't get is, why would anyone choose to ste the status to classic? Because then you just get 4% commission no matter what right? And if you set it to performance, you will get 4% to start with, but more as your sales numbers go up, right?

So why would you choose classic over performance?

AllanWritesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

In other countries there are commission caps on performance that make classic a better decision sometimes

2. thisisoli profile image60
        thisisoliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I seem to remember when the new amazon tiered payment plan cam in, that the original plan had a set percentage, but no cap on payout (so for a $1000 sale you would get $40)

But on the tiered plan some catagories had caps, so $1000 might only net you $7, even if you were on 8% commision.
        s
        I think this has changed now though, as I have noticed plenty of sales with higher commission!

2. thisisoli profile image60
      thisisoliposted 7 years ago

The percentage levels apply to all products, so if 7 products were ordered the first 6 will also have teh increased percentage.

You may still find some orders have different (lower OR higher) percentage payouts, if you check the amazon FAQ's you will be able to find the exempptions. smile

working