Writer's Group for Hubbers?

Jump to Last Post 51-60 of 60 discussions (75 posts)
  1. akeejaho profile image60
    akeejahoposted 16 years ago

Cool, got some coffee?

2. Bonnie Ramsey profile image66
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 16 years ago

Cool, Jimmy! If I want to join the group, how do I do that without creating a network? I see the sign up and log in areas but wasn't sure if that is to the group or to create a network. I know, I am green with these things! LOL

Bonnie

3. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 16 years ago

when you sign up it is to the group.....jimmy

4. sun goddess profile image61
    sun goddessposted 16 years ago

count me in!! smile

5. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 16 years ago

Morning Bonnie:

It's 5:00 a.m.  I don't have time to catch up reading all the postings right now, gotta run for a plane, but it looks as though you're going like a house on fire!

Can't wait to read it all once I'm settled in later today.

I just can't seem to stay away from here.  Does that mean that I don't get out enough or that I need a hobby or something?

By the way, I received an email from a man in England this morning letting me know that someone has plagerized me, took part of one of my articles (from Helium and my website) and added some of their own words to it.  So much for my trusting naivety regarding people not stealing other people's work!  I'm going to start putting copyright symbols on my posted writings!

Anyway, gotta fly....literally.  Have a great day!
    Shirley

1. CelinaMac profile image61
      CelinaMacposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Since English is not my first language, the writer's group would be a big help. I just write research papers and have not produced any creative work yet. I have enjoyed reading short stories by James Thurber, Pearl Rowe, Shirley Jackson, Richard Wright and so many others. So much meaning and punch in a few pages.
      It would be interesting to read the creative writing of other hubbers and to ask them to critique mine as well. In the country where I was born, fiction from local writers do not have an audience. I think we only have less than 3 known literary magazines! So I want to learn how to write in a style, international readers would appreciate.
      As for the possibility of intellectual property rights being violated; how do you propose we can avoid it? Do we have to copyright every piece we ask to be critiqued? Who do you contact when you have been plagiarized?

6. Bonnie Ramsey profile image66

Hi, Shirley!

Have a safe flight and I look forward to hearing from you! I am going through to put my copyright mark on all hubs today. This is the only site I haven't been doing that on. Too much going on not to!
    The group is set up and ready for members! Had a few to send for invitations already. When you get a chance, you can just contact me through hub contact link and send me the email you want the invitation sent to and I'll get you one sent! I am really excited about it! I just have to find time to start all the typing up of the files I want to post! LOL.
    Got word Mom was in the hospital but hopefully nothing long-term. We are waiting to hear from the tests before we do anything. If she gets worse I may have to take off south to the hospital. As of now, she is doing ok. If you don't hear from me for a while you'll know I had to go but will get caught up when I return if that happens. Hope you have a safe and fun trip!

Bonnie

1. Shirley Anderson profile image71
      Shirley Andersonposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Thx, Bonnie.  I'm sorry to hear about your mom, hope all goes well!
      Shirley

7. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 16 years ago

This is a good place to go to license your works, http://creativecommons.org . I add a Creative Commons license to most of my hubs. The ones that are my own writing, not the hubs that have speeches or links to other sites...

8. Bonnie Ramsey profile image66

Thanks, Shirley! You deserve the credit for this one. All I did was create a group! I am really looking forward to seeing you there! Hopefully, more members will join shortly! Have fun!

Bonnie

9. Bonnie Ramsey profile image66

Hi, Celina!

We would be glad to have you! In the Yahoo Group we are creating, you become a member by invitation only. That means that everyone else on the web won't see any of the files and posts. Therefore, the only people who will be seeing your work will be members of the group itself. They will be uploaded to the group in a file for them to download from the site. Those files are protected from anyone other than the members of the group. As for the members, we have to totally trust each other. But if your work is done in a word document and saved before it is downloaded, the date is in the properties of that file that it was created. Same as the upload to the group. It will have a date it was uploaded to the group. Therefore, I think it would be pretty hard for someone to argue they created it if it was already in a file before theirs. Hope this helps you feel more comfortable. If you would like to join, contact me through HP and send me the email address you would like to use. Not much going on there right now as it is so new. We all gotta get stuff typed up and sent I supposes LOL. Looking forward to working with you!

Bonnie

1. CelinaMac profile image61
      CelinaMacposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the invite. You can reach me at this e-mail (celmacaisa@yahoo.com). You are right we have to start writing first. It is difficult to start because I know I am not good at it yet. I first wanted to start writing 3 years ago and until today, I have nothing. I know it would take a long time before I get to produce something worthwhile. But the critique would be helpful because if I submit to online publishers right away; I would have to wait for 3-4 months and just get rejected. At least, with the help of this group the chances of getting approved would be better.

10. Bonnie Ramsey profile image66

Celina,

You are off to a great start with your hubs! I look forward to having you in the writers group!

Bonnie

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)