jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Can hubpages protect the hubbers from copy cats?

1. rembrandz profile image88
    rembrandzposted 6 years ago

Hi all

This question arises from a post one of the hubbers made here stating that her entire hub has been copied by someone in another blogspot including her personal photographs. Which is so sad.

I want to know if for instance I place a notification on my hub of my copyright info, and somene anyway decides to copy and paste what they want without our permission, how do we protect ourselves.

I am taking time to get to know about such things, before I indulge in further writing or posting my art online.

Thanks in advance

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You have to chase them down - or file a DMCA complaint with either the site they published it at, or google adsense.

Not much you can do to stop it happening - I get stuff copied all the time and it is getting to the point where I would spend so much time chasing them down I might as well not bother.

If you post anything worthwhile online you are going to have it copied. And there is nothing hubpages can do except alert you when they find a copy - which they do.

2. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

to be realistic, no matter what you do, it will happen.

There are measures to get the copied content pulled down, these methods are sometimes effective...the plus with hubpages is you get notification when duplicates of your content exist on the web.

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

This issue was recently discussed in a forum thread, see link below, and I outlined an effective method for registering your copyright on HubPages.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

It's up to you, the author, to protect your copyrights as you retain ownership of your content.

Here's how I explained what to do on one of my Hubs,
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Fine-Tuning-You … gs_4915593

1. Internetwriter62 profile image86
      Internetwriter62posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you relache, I appreciate the advice and I bookmarked your hub so I can protect myself to. I haven't had any problems. It's good to know in case anything happens.