jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (18 posts)

Whoo Hoo! I almost made my first dollar!

1. Dorsi profile image91
    Dorsiposted 8 years ago

I was so stoked this morning when I saw people are actually clicking on the ads on my hubs- Whoo hoo! It works! Now I have to do is figure out how to best optimize my ads, and key words, and all that other good stuff.
    I never thought I'd be so excited about a dollar..lol!
    (I suppose I'll have to frame it and put in my office!)

2. chantelg4 profile image80
    chantelg4posted 8 years ago

It is a great feeling!  My first was very exciting as well. The irony is I make more money off my fun hubs than my keyword researched hubs. Congrats!

3. gamergirl profile image62
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

I'm making a bunch of pennies from the Hublove hubs, they're all still getting a lot of views compared to my other stuff. big_smile

4. 0
    jooles01posted 8 years ago

Hey, I just made my first dollar too.  Its a really great feeling.  I'm new to this and I don't know anything about the Hublove hubs yet - i guess that's more reading and research to add to the long, long neverending to do list of the newbie on the lowest rung of the Internet!

Here's to success!

5. topstuff profile image60
    topstuffposted 8 years ago

So Dorsi made one dollar in 21 days and jooles01in 10days with a difference of two hubs.Interesting

6. gamergirl profile image62
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

The only difference with the Hublove hubs to non-contest hubs is that the Hublove hubs got a lot of attention during the contest last month (the Hublove contest that sucked hours of our lives during mid-Feb to mid-March) and lots of linking from the contest page.  wink

7. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

Congrats.. You're well on your way to your first $100. ;-)

8. flread45 profile image81
    flread45posted 8 years ago

That is great.I can't get past 39 cents.I think someone froze my site.sad

9. ysdata profile image57
    ysdataposted 8 years ago

Good going!

10. sherwinboy profile image60
    sherwinboyposted 8 years ago

Wait, how do you check how much money you've earned?

11. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

Sign into you Google Adsense account. If you don't have one, then you aren't earning any money. You can create one and enter in your Adsense ID into the affiliate section of your HubPages account (here)

12. Jan Mosbacher profile image58
    Jan Mosbacherposted 8 years ago

Well done. I haven't made a penny yet!

1. Dorsi profile image91
      Dorsiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Are you hooked up with google adsense?
      I found the way I am getting a little $ is by that and my referrals. I'm not sure where the referrals came from but I've been mass sending my article links to my e-mail contacts and people have been reading my hubs from there. I'm still working on ways to promote.
      It's a work in progress!

13. 0

On my short time on hubpages I've been wondering why hubbers don't click the ads on each others hubs very often. I would have though it would be in everyones interests to do that yet it doesn't seem to happen.  Is there a reason why?  Something I've missed?

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
      Jason Menayanposted 8 years ago in reply to this

A good question, and important.

Hubbers tend not to click on each others' ads, because the Hubs they read tend to be "that's interesting to know" as opposed to an "I've actively searched for this specific topic". They are also wary of doing anything that could be construed as click-fraud, which means deliberately clicking ads in order to earn off of them or have friends earn off of them. (Click-fraud detected by Google will result in having your AdSense account terminated.)

The bulk of the money you earn will almost most certainly come from visitors coming from search engines - primarily Google and Yahoo. They are actively searching for the information your Hub provides, and will likely find the (hopefully matching) ads useful and appealing. And since they don't know you, they won't have any potential click-fraud conflicts of interest.

This is why new Hubbers tend to earn very little/none in the first few weeks or months here - most of their Hubs' visitors are other Hubbers. Once your Hubs get traffic from search engines, then you'll see your earnings rise.

14. 0

Thanks for that Jason, now I understand perfectly well.  It's good to know that the earnings do tend to rise as you invest more time on the hubs though.  Thank you.

15. bloggerdollar profile image44
    bloggerdollarposted 8 years ago

I'm waiting for my first 100$..

16. Jan Mosbacher profile image58
    Jan Mosbacherposted 8 years ago

Dorsi asked if I signed up with adsense. Yes I have, but it's early days yet.