jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Photos Gone - Did AllPosters Delete or Remove

1. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

I have several photos which I gave credit to All Posters and the image is missing.

Has others noticed this also?

HELP!  The Hub is ugly with a black frame and red "x"

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Goldie, when you put an image in your Hub, even if you choose the "from the Web" option, it doesn't link back to the original location of the picture.  So it wouldn't matter if Allposters removed the image from their site, because the copy you have on your Hub is on HP's server.

For that reason, I don't think it's "legal" to use Allposters images on your Hubs, unless you're giving them a live hyperlink as a credit.

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sometimes when I view my pages from a library computer lab station, some of the photos "disappear" but on other comptures, they're fine. I've never knowingly used AllPosters images, so I thnk you have to pay them to use their images.

2. wyanjen profile image87
    wyanjenposted 6 years ago

Others have noticed it too:

Things are a little buggy today

3. Ohma profile image82
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

Checked out a few of your hubs and I see your pics just fine. Not sure what is going on for you but I have seen other posts of people having trouble with the editor today.

4. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I checked every photo hub I have and I am not missing any pictures. Sorry to hear you are having problems.

I would recommend to shut your browser down, clean out unnecessary files, reboot and try again. See, if the problem goes away.

Other than that...maybe it is something you could email HubPages about. I know there are a few other hubbers having problems and there are also a number of threads for those problems.

If it's HubPages, you can be assured that they probably already know of the problems and are working on them. smile

5. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

If the pics are copyrighted, irregardless of giving credit, they still may have requested removal and HP will comply or as already mentioned, may be your browser. hmm

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not sure this is true.  I think that if HP got a copyright complaint, they'd unpublish the whole Hub not just remove the pic.  Does anyone know?

I joined up with allposters after someone mentioned they used their images on their websites. I've found it a frustrating experience, because their scripts keep malfunctioning somehow - I'll set up a widget, it's all working, then a week later the page will just show the script instead of the image.  Anyone else have experience with them?