jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (23 posts)

Does anyone know who Christina Barrett is?

1. bat115 profile image71
    bat115posted 7 years ago

This is her profile http://hubpages.com/profile/Christina+Barrett

She left a very nasty racist/anti-gay comment on one of my hubs and is filling my inbox with messages of the same.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Report her to HubPages admin.

Her blog makes no sense at all...

2. Ohma profile image73
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

Sure doesn't Report Her!

3. bat115 profile image71
    bat115posted 7 years ago

and I thought my hubs didn't make sense... not sure what exactly she is going for.

Stupid question: how do I report her exactly? Do I forward her messages as well?

4. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

If you get email from her through HubPages there is a report link on the bottom. I would also email team@hubpages.com and mention the comment and the harrassment, and include copies of the emails.

bat115posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the help, Uninvited Writer. This is my first time dealing with something like this.

1. profile image0
        china manposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It happens - and if they are banned they can just make a new avatar and come back.  I have a troll following me and leaving multiple messages on my hubs and inane comments on every forum message I post. He is Sab oh   and before he was T K Sensei
        I have tried to ignore it, and I have tried to reason with it, and now I am trying trolling it back to see if that has any effect.  As it makes it difficult to have a 'conversation' on the forums and I believe that if you or I refuse to allow its 'message' to be posted it shows that we have denied some comment.

I am reluctant to report because it can just comeback in another weird face.  It is clearly an obsessive personality and so maybe even mentally ill, The avatar names are japanese warrior types I think which would indicate that this thing is a game playing freak.

I also believe strongly in free speech which also makes me reluctant to report and get it banned, again.

yeah, that causes quite the conundrum.

1. Nell Rose profile image91
            Nell Roseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi, bat, I just thought you would like to know that I have just gone on to her personal blog page, and this is one sick individual. Not joking. her thoughts on coloured people and gays even Americans get slammed, even though she is american. i think it would be wise to just delete everything. click on her hubpage profile and at the left hand corner of the page, she has a link to her blog. go read it. sick sick sick. she seems to have an obsession with the producer of Alice in wonderland picture, maybe even a stalker? very nasty and scary.

1. IzzyM profile image86
              IzzyMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Her blog is new - she's probably just looking for traffic. Sick yeah. Hope hubpages staff boot her into touch.

1. Nell Rose profile image91
                Nell Roseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi, izzy, yes there is something definetly missing in the cerebelum area!

1. IzzyM profile image86
                  IzzyMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't get what it is with her and the likes of her...not content with putting a disparaging comment on a hub, they then go on to email the writer? I mean haven't they heard of libel? Don't ever write down something that you wouldn't be prepared to defend in court.

2. rebekahELLE profile image89
          rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

this is what it says in forum rules concerning personal attacks:

"Making Personal Attacks: debate and disagreements on points of substance are all right, but personal attacks, petty bickering, and thread hijacking will be dealt with swiftly."

if he falls into any of those categories, you have every right to report him.  it includes racial statements or any hate speech.

5. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 7 years ago

Hi, Izzy again! yes I have seen a few bad ones on the internet, but she actually made me feel sick! and a bit wobbly if you know what I mean, surely if she acts like this in real life, people must know there is something wrong with her! it is ten to three in the morning, so I am hitting the sack, but I will take a look tomorrow to see what others have said. scary stuff.

6. bat115 profile image71
    bat115posted 7 years ago

very disturbing indeed...
    She sent me one message threatening to find where I live and
    kill me and my gay black lover... I'm not gay and I don't have a black lover. and another one said Good had sent her to my hub to rid the world of my evil words. I guess she meant God?

I did report her to admin. I don't care what she says to me or about me... I drew the line when she threatened a fellow hubber who commented before her.

7. ChristinaScibona profile image74
    ChristinaScibonaposted 7 years ago

Wow...her website is well...interesting....she writes like she has a mental disorder that is going untreated.....Report her, then ignore her...she may just be looking for attention.  Good Luck.

8. bat115 profile image71
    bat115posted 7 years ago

I reported her to hubpages admin as well as aol.com where her E-mails were coming from.

9. cluense profile image81
    cluenseposted 7 years ago

I too have gone to her blog and I completly agree with Nell Rose. Be very careful of this one! I'm glad that you reported her!

10. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 7 years ago

I find very strange that this Christina Barrett opened an account only 18 hours ago, with the sole purpose to mess up with you. Even the blogs  are only 2 days old.
    I'm sure you know who she is.
    If not it doesn't make any sense.
    And you have 1 thing in common:  Alice in Wonderland.

I'm sorry but I do not know her.

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Maybe you don't, but she definitely knows who you are !

11. TheGlassSpider profile image75
    TheGlassSpiderposted 7 years ago

WTF is up with that? Chickie poo sounds kinda like a nutjob. Yikes. Best of luck with that, man.

12. bat115 profile image71
    bat115posted 7 years ago

hopefully, she'll get some kind of help.

working