Honest Hubbers Please Help

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (38 posts)
  1. wavegirl22 profile image47
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

Having written on Hubpages for 6 months now I must say, I love it here . . . . .
    But I thought it was about time that I asked your honest expert opinions of my Hubs.

I thank you in advance for your honesty and any criticism that can help make my Hubs better . .

Wavegirl22

2. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Honest or no honest, I think it's imposible to help you.
    You have more than 40 hubs!
    How can you think we could find time to read them all and give you an opinion?
    I don't have the time, even if I would like to.

3. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Hmmm....when I click on the link you provided I get "A Slice of Hubpages" with a collage of hubbers' profile pics.  It allows you to refresh it and it randomly selects more.  Way cool.  Is this a glitch?

4. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Ah...I see what the problem is.....you didn't put your own name at the end, so this is actually the link you put:

http://hubpages.com/profile/

That gives you the collage.  Cool!

wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tantrum
      I do not expect people to read all of my hubs,
      I gave my profile link ((((thanks for fixing that KCC))) for people to chose from my hubs and give an opinion . .I did not think it would be that hard for a person to just pick any one to click on.

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well ,I cliked on your link and I only saw a lot of pics and no hubs. Then I saw your profile and read 43. And as you said

'But I thought it was about time that I asked your honest expert opinions of my Hubs.'

I thought you wanted an opinion on all of them.
        Anyway ,if everybody clicks on only one , how could you get a good review of the entire hubs ?

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, I love it - I'd forgotten that existed!

Wavegirl, proper etiquette on this thread is to ask for feedback on one or two specific Hubs that need improvement, not leave it to Hubbers to choose.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Marisa, I think I covered that already. But, thank you. smile wink

5. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

That is way cool! cause when you refresh that page it changes
    Me likes cool

6. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

whoa that collage of hubbers looks cool!

7. wavegirl22 profile image47

that seriously is cool. . I kinda like that link. . pretty funny  .and way cool! .

8. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

Well, the collage is a big hit
    lol

wavegirl, is there a specific hub you want looked at? Which one do you think is your best?

Jen-

http://hubpages.com/hub/Aromatherapy-Natural-Skincare

I like this one. . but not much traffic  .. though it has only been up for a little while.....

1. wyanjen profile image70
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

K.

There is a TON of info here! cool.

If you want more adsense real estate, drop the first photo down. If there is enough text in the first capsule, you will find a block of ads where the photo is now. You may not be concerned, as you have so many Amazon ads.

I'm noticing toward the bottom that your layout is losing it's flow. There is an awful lot of white space, which makes for more scrolling than reading. I would reorder the capsules a little to get it lined back up.

My higher scoring hubs have several out-going links in them. Maybe you could find some related hubs to link to, or a website that has information similar to what is in your hub. (Maybe like a skin health section of a site like WebMD - to supplement the info in your hub.) This seems to make a difference with my hubs, anyway. Maybe other hubbers can comment on this smile

I give it a thumbs up!

that is such great information Jen. . .I feel like I am smacking my head thinking why have I not thought of that! But sometimes I am not sure if and who to link to .. but now I understand to link to a page like Web MD is wise. .. great  . .I am on it . .and you are an angel for this help!

And I like your advice on the "real estate"

Again many many thanks for taking the time and helping me!

smile

I was hoping a more experienced hubber would give two cents about it (the linking suggestion I mean). I do it, like I said, and it makes a difference with my hub score. But I don't see folks talk about it a lot, so really I'm just assuming...

1. frogdropping profile image77
              frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wyan - check out Mark Knowles, sunforged, ryan kett, Darkside. They've all written hubs relevant to backlinking or related topics.

And backlinking is a good habit to get into, before you end up with with too many hubs smile

If you're lucky, great content will attract natural backlinks. If not then it's down to some good old DIY wink

Thanks smile
                My question is about putting links in a hub that go out, not about backlinks. It's something that I do a lot, and I gave the suggestion to wavegirl. I just want to be sure that what I'm thinking is correct. Also, are there sites that have a higher benefit than others if you put a link to them in your hub?

smile

9. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

You're correct Wavegirl. It is fairly simple to pick out one hub and evaluate it.

Here is your profile link, not that anyone really needs it, because they could simply click on your profile and reach the same destination.

http://hubpages.com/profile/wavegirl22

However, on another note....the Extreme Hub Makeover is a place where you can post a link to a Hub...YOU think needs to be reviewed. That's the real purpose of the thread.

No one would expect people to read more than 4 hubs at one time. And, even that is pushing it, because so many are time constrained. There isn't a reason for negative garbage, when someone is asking for help. It's absurd anyone would act in that manner, simply for the fact it makes no sense.

@Lynnechandler, yes that is pretty cool.

@Wavegirl...I'll check one out and get back to you here. Be right back. smile

10. Cagsil profile image70

Hey Wavegirl,

This hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/Top-Ten-Eye-Lash-Mascara

Great presentation, however, you label quite few things in the hub, but the keywords? You don't mention any of the products names?

I've come to understand - 9 to 15 keywords is optimum. You might consider putting more on it. smile

1. viryabo profile image95
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for this keyword tip.

11. Cagsil profile image70

This could use a few more keywords too. smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/Look-Younger-Naturally

thanks Cags. .. both points duly noted and it gives me a really good insight into what to do here. . .

thanks . .

12. jimmythejock profile image85
    jimmythejockposted 14 years ago

Hi wavegirl, In my opinion your writing is fantastic, i clicked on this hub and was surprised to see the amount of information that is on offer. http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Many-Wonders-of-Nail-Polish
    your hub looked great and it was well written, and easy to understand.
    what more could a reader ask for.
    well done keep the hubs coming i am turning into your biggest fan.....jimmy

Thanks jimmy I am flattered by your opinion!

13. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

It would be great if great content would just get natural backlinks.. and it does, but it has to get exposed to enough people, well...the right people before those backlinks will start developing, especially if your writing in a more general field with lots of similar information. You have to get on that first page to get noticed, hopefully the right kind of readers will help you stay there.

Its very rarely ever going to be truly "set and forget"

14. wavegirl22 profile image47

I have gotten to that first page with my hub on Anti-aging, and so far it has been my best performer and traffic getter outside of HubPages.... Funny but I am guessing that alot of people are searching for it, for I am not sure if I even did anything different from some of my other 'beauty' hubs.

15. sunforged profile image71

everybody is first page on google for something, the important factor is what term are you first page on google for.

And if your talking about within the first week of publishing it, thats inconsequential. new content gets a BIG boost in the rankings here at hubpages, you cant effectively judge anything about your search traffic and rankings for at least a month.

Also if you are searching google with your own browser w/o any tools, than you have no idea what the real returns are as google is giving you personalized search results...since you have visted your own page before its given a higher ranking in your PERSONAL returns.

You must use a cookie free search to see the results that the average person would see when searching for a topic that your hub covers.

scroogle.org

page rank plug ins

seo plug ins

Thats a start

I just used scroogle.org (btw thanks for that tool!)

So when I put in my exact title  . .I was the first on page one (duh)
      "Top 10 Anti Wrinkle Creams Reviewed 2010"

so then  I shortened it.....
      "Top 10 Anti Wrinkle Creams"
      It was still on the first page and was number 10 !

So then again i changed my search to
      "10 best Anti Wrinkle Creams"
      and I was still on page 1 but dropped down to number 15

1. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would be happy with those results! my next goal would be to make it into to top 10 results for "Best anti wrinkle creams" "best anti wrinkle cream" and "best anti wrinkle eye creams (if applicable)"

Best anti wrinkle eye cream is absolutely applicable and have worked on it. . but I honestly dont understand what I did so right on that Hub. So I before I go forward with it I want to understand what I did right!

Since then I did one on face masks  .which according to scroogle

Title of Hub is - Top 10 Face Masks Reviewed 2010 (#1 for that exact search)
          search on Top 10 Face Masks  it was #4

#3 was another Hubber on - Top 10 Homemade Facial Masks

I guess that Homemade is more searched for . . but still #4 isnt bad....

Now the question is how to I get to number 1!

16. sunforged profile image71

https://www.google.com/history

go there and see for yourself, how your entire web history is recorded..all of that memory is skewing your results

17. wavegirl22 profile image47

Sunforged,

I forgot to add that I published this Hub 01/10/10

18. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I think your hubs are just fine, even without clits

phew at least now you followed me here....i was starting to feel like a stalker

19. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Hahaha I got my eye on you too.

20. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

The collage is fantastic! I will check out a couple for you. smile

21. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

That collage is WAY cool!

Hi, Charlie!! Where ya been, you old coot?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)