jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Hubtags and meta tags

1. ruanz3 profile image75
    ruanz3posted 6 years ago

In another thread someone mentioned that there were both hubtags and meta tags, and i asked what the difference was, but they never replied. I thought there was only the tags in the side bar which i assume is meta tags? Where is hubtags?

1. sunforged profile image64
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

there are no accessible meta-tags at hubpages, there are only hubtags

the other thread was suggesting that the information you had previously read about "tags" is not relevant at hubpages...they are not the same type of tags

1. ruanz3 profile image75
        ruanz3posted 6 years ago in reply to this

well actually i got that info from someone who knows quite a lot. he said you shouldnt use tags that you are not using in your hub, or else it could hurt you search engine ranking.

1. sunforged profile image64
          sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

then believe him, making money on hubs/online in general and seo practice are not my strong suits. Im just a prototype

feel free to show me some more secrets including where the "meta-tags" are in the hubpages source code

2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image74
          JYOTI KOTHARIposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes it is true. Using irrelevant tags is considered as deceiving tags which can adversely affect your hub score. It mau cause flagging and deleting your hubs. If one make it a practice he or she may be banned from hubpages.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's important to remember that HubPages is not your own website.  A lot of the advice you'll get about making money online applies to writing on your own site , not on a revenue-sharing site.

You don't have to worry about meta-tags on HubPages, because you can't access them or any other coding.

2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image74
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 6 years ago

Tags in the side bar are hubtags. These tags work as meta tags hubs.
    No confusion. It is similar.

3. sunforged profile image64
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

the original thread that the OP is referencing has all the answers he needs...they were explained well by many hubbers

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/37876#post866686

i was only pointing out that when you read about "tags" in seo tutorials, it has nothing to do with "hubtags" ...its more similar to if you were reading about seo for wordpress design and that type of "tag"

Jyoti is the first to use the word "deceptive" or "irrelevant" I believe the OP thinks he should only use tags/words that actually existed in his content

this could be an english comprehension issue..we may all be saying teh same thing

working