jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Links in Hub text

1. Lynda Gary profile image60
    Lynda Garyposted 6 years ago

Either I'm missing an option, or we need the addition of an option when it comes to putting links into the text of our hubs.

It's easy enough to use the links capsule and create links with appropriate worded link text, but I cannot figure out how to do it within the body of a text capsule itself.  All I'm able to do is post the URL without a text reference (As in, click HERE, with the word "Here" being the link to the URL rather than the entire URL showing)

I feel like I'm doing a bad job explaining myself.

Anyway, either please make this option available, or someone point me in the right direction?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Lynda, there is a feature built-in to the text capsule that makes links in the text.  It's the button that's fourth from the right after you click on the text capsule edit button and the controls open up.  It looks like a little bit of chain.

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And just to add to that, highlight the words you want to hyperlink, click on the chain, insert the url, and that's it.

1. Lynda Gary profile image60
        Lynda Garyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

OOOHHHHH!!! I see what I was doing wrong!!!

I would do a cut and paste of the URL, THEN I clicked on the little chain thing.  I was not then able to enter the text I wanted for the URL...  I see, I see!  So, instead, I need to type a word, like "Here," highlite that word, click on the chain, THEN put the URL in when the option opens....

Right?  Eager to try it.  Out of time now, though.

Thanks so much you guys!!!

3. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image79
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 6 years ago

I could not make out what exactly are you saying. You can link to any site or page by hyperlinking your text in the test capsule. When you click to "link" in text capsule in edit mood a separate window appears. You can link your URL there easily.

There is no other way in hubpages to separately link a text portion in the text capsule. However, there is a link capsule from where you can link back to any site in or out side the hubpages.

You can feel free to ask if this is not satisfactory.