Where is my $2.10?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Mary Tinkler profile image60
    Mary Tinklerposted 16 years ago

first let me say I didn't come to hubpages to get rich.  But every once in a while I check.  About a week ago I had $2.10 on my adsense earnings....it's gone now.  Nothing nada.  Zero in every column.  Where did it go?  What am I doing wrong?

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
      Jason Menayanposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Are you sure you're looking at the "Since last payment" View? The default view is "Today".

But if your account truly doesn't reflect the money you've earned, then yes, as Misha says, you need to contact Google and ask them what's going on.

1. profile image0
        Ronald Daniarposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I think Jason is right. Perhaps you were viewing Today's earning. Try to login to your account and then  choose option "all time". It will show your total adsense earning.

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Actually this question goes to Google, not hubpages. Most probably Google decided your clicks were a result of click fraud and annulled them...

1. Mary Tinkler profile image60
      Mary Tinklerposted 16 years agoin reply to this

No fraud here on my part....click or otherwise.

Obviously I am not techy enough yet to optimize my site for revnue.....I find a lot of the link back, impressions stuff confusing. Even though I created and maintain my biz website....some of the directions on webpage seem to assume I have the expertise.

It does occur to me that I should have some idea about what kind of volume of readers, impressions, clicks etc....would have to happen before there were enough to create revenue. What constutes a lot?  I have 18 hubs, been here 6 weeks, have 706 hits on my hubs.

1. Inspirepub profile image71
        Inspirepubposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Last official comment was to expect $2-$5 per 1000 visitors, depending on your topics.

Jenny

3. mroconnell profile image70
    mroconnellposted 16 years ago

I heard that Google can be pretty mean to people who use stumbleupon.  Does that mean I might lose impression revenue if I get a large amount of traffic from stumbleupon?

Also, tangentially, is my adsense revenue different from my hubpages affiliate revenue?  The totals earned seem different, but what I've read makes it seem like hubpages will pay me through adsense.  Is that right?  I don't know why I'm so curious.  The 32 cents doesn't really justify postage or even a paypal transfer quite yet.  Just wondering! smile

1. Whitney05 profile image85
      Whitney05posted 16 years agoin reply to this

The HubPages revenue is your Google Adsense. You need to contact Google about where your money went. You won't get paid until you get $100. Google will pay you.
      If you're looking at your URL trackers for the 32 cents, is estimated, but you should see it in your google adsense account.

2. Jason Menayan profile image61
      Jason Menayanposted 16 years agoin reply to this

No. I'm not even sure what that rumor means. But keep in mind that Stumbleupon traffic is usually of the "that's cool to know" type, rather than "this is exactly what I've been searching for" type. The latter is the type that is actively interested in what you've written, and they're much, much more likely to click on ads.

Your AdSense revenue is your total revenue. What's listed on your URL tracker page is a rough estimate of what portion of your AdSense revenue is coming from your referred users. Google pays you directly -- HubPages is in no way involved in these money matters -- and I believe they pay you when you reach $100.

3. profile image0
      terrygposted 16 years agoin reply to this

The idea of the adsense program is to serve ads on sites that reach a desired outcome. If your site has a high ctr then you will for all intents and purposes be served the higher paying ads from G.

Now having Stumble Upon traffic come through your site will blow your ctr out compared to the impressions meaning a lower percentage of ctr. Therefore G will serve lesser paying ads to your site.

It is thought in the circles of discussion that G place different ads on different sites according to the conversion rate and traffic rate. So my 100 visitor a day webpage might get one or two clicks that pay a few cents, whereas my 1000 visitor a day with a high ctr (click thru rate) will produce a higher cpc (cost per click).

Some believe this penalty is site wide if one section of your site is a poor performer but thats another topic.

4. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

I think there is no merit to stumbleupon rumor. But you don't get much from that traffic, cause those people do not click on ads...

And you should realize hubpages don't have anything to do with your adsense revenue. It is between you and google. Hubpages only show your ads about 60% of times, all the rest is google.

5. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

With your number of visitors your $2.10 sounds about right. But it is still too small to draw any conclusion...

6. mroconnell profile image70
    mroconnellposted 16 years ago

Thanks for all the help.  I was confused because my URL tracker shows me getting more money than my adsense account, but I see now that this is because the url tracker is just an estimate.

I am not really on the mark for making $2/1000 impressions.  Is it because most of my ads are set to low?

1. Whitney05 profile image85
      Whitney05posted 16 years agoin reply to this

The low setting, is for low number of ads, not necessarily low priced ads. If that's what you're thinking... If you set the option to high, you should see more ads.

Scratch, that it looks like you have the highest number of ads. So I don't know. If they're set to low, then you must have the commercial box unchecked. I was just playing with one of my hubs, and when I set it to low and unchecked the commercial box, all the ads went away. You're still featuring ads, so are you sure they're low?  Either way, low is just the number of ads, I believe.

1. mroconnell profile image70
        mroconnellposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Most of my hubs are definitely set to low, but I've started making some with medium or high.  Just to have a little hodge podge and see how each one works.  I guess I'm wondering what the advantage is to high or medium settings (other than the fact that people will see an ad they like if you have more ads).

7. Mary Tinkler profile image60
    Mary Tinklerposted 16 years ago

Well I'll be darned......my earning are now back on track.  The zeros gone.  It's almost as if God, or google, was watching.

8. Whitney05 profile image85
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago

Are you sure you're looking at the right thing? It may be that the day you checked, you looked at earnings for today, verus yesterday or last week or whatever.

9. premsingh profile image62
    premsinghposted 16 years ago

Let me inform all hubbers that google has reduced minimum payout from $100 to $10. However, payment to new publishers is not released until they have verified the PIN sent to them by post. I am not sure about hubpages what is their minimum payout limit.

1. profile image0
      simcoposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I think you could be wrong sad

You can ammend your details after you reach $10 but the payout is one month after you reach $100.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. sad

oops sorry forgot the link....

https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … edium=link

1. premsingh profile image62
        premsinghposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Google has ammended $100 rule but this information is not available on publisher A/C page. Information about this change has been disclosed in Google adsense's official blog. That's why PIN numbers are being sent to hubber's when they reach $10. You are right about monthly payment because there are mainly two options available for payment i.e monthly or bimonthly. This is totally publishers choice. Please check Google Adsence 's official blog for minimum payout. Few publishers can reach $100/ month earnings from adsense

10. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 16 years ago

That is good to know, I have over $10 in my account smile I'm just waiting for that pin to come.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)