jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How does the page hits count work on each hub story I post?

1. susanlang profile image61
    susanlangposted 6 years ago

A few weeks ago I noticed the page hits count on my non fiction story went way up on the number of daily page views. Infact, that was and still is my most read story. However, the total number of overall views on that story do not add up. The total number is not changing to match up with the daily number of views. Anyone know why this is happening?

2. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

I am not sure why that is happening, I cannot get the numbers to match on other things either, my traffic sources are way out on what my referal trackers suggest.

From what I have read Google Analytics is the most accurate way to track your views etc.   You will be able to find a hub that explains how that works, or look under the help button or visit the learning centre if you do not already have it set up for advice how to get started on it.

Hope that is useful, others will no doubt answer your question soon probably better than my attempt at explaining things.

susanlangposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, you were helpful.

3. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 6 years ago

Hi Susan, it's because the day stats are over a rolling 24 hour period, not a static 24 hours. Google analytics is really the best way to keep track of accurate stats. The HubPage stats are just a guide.

susanlangposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My overall page hits on the story I refer to has not changed in weeks. Yet, the same story page hit numbers increase on a daily basis. Numbers are not adding up.

working