jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

hub score

1. elayne001 profile image50
    elayne001posted 7 years ago

Okay, so I have been writing hubs for the contest every day and have noticed that even though my hub starts at the score 50, even though I get very positive comments, my hub score keeps going down. Is it because people are reading without voting up? Just wondering.......
    see:
    <snipped link>

2. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Here's just some of what goes into HubScore,

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscorecalc

Remember with the contest, each day a group of Hubs on the same topic are produced and those that have the best, most relevant info and good construction as well as the best promotion by their authors are the ones that are going to really go up in score.

3. Will Say Plenty profile image60
    Will Say Plentyposted 7 years ago

I've been told your score fluctuates and that it goes down every time you publish.  I have also heard it isn't really a true reflection of your writing abilities either because so much other stuff influences it.

1. relache profile image89
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

My experience over the last four years leads me to believe the above concept is not true.

1. Will Say Plenty profile image60
        Will Say Plentyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, I might be oversimplifying what I have been told or not been told everything. I was told the score went down as much as three points after publishing.  Now for all I know there are other factors that influence that and someone who has been here as long as you have might not run into those other factors or maybe not  have  ever noticed.  maybe it was all a coincidence and not the actual publishing but time of day or week or something else.  I don't know for sure since I am --of course-- totally new here.

2. darkside profile image79
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

HubScore is a well built algorithm that indicates whether or not you're doing the right thing. Provided your HubberScore is over 75 and individual hub HubScore's are over 40 then you're doing good and it's not worth fixating on.

I was told that other factors are involved like socializing in forums, fanning, being fanned and so forth?

1. darkside profile image79

I have secondary accounts and they rank in the high 70s, 80s and 90s and they don't fan, get fanned much or socialize in the forum. They survive on quality content and search engine traffic.

If I were you I'd spend less time listening to what others think they know about HubScore and more time publishing articles.

i don't actually care i am just sharing what i have heard.  Plus I thought relache posted something that showed there were a number of factors besides writing involved which is mainly why i was curious.  I've only been on for a little over a day.  i had some other things written but lost the files so now i am having to rewrite things.
            (I have a whole other story I just wish I could share with you but it might raise issues!)
            Trust me though, I honestly think along very similar lines regarding listening to others too much as opposed to just writing and publishing and that's not just a line.

1. darkside profile image79

Here's a couple of hubs I published on the subject:
              http://hubpages.com/hub/hubscore
              http://hubpages.com/hub/hubberscore

You'll find that once you've published a few hubs and they have original content and a few visitors your HubberScore will easily sit in the high 70s to 80s.

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image75
                JYOTI KOTHARIposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi,
                I have just clicked on the links and will read these thoroughly. Thanks for providing links.
                Jyoti Kothari

working