jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Placement of amazon link

1. ruanz3 profile image72
    ruanz3posted 7 years ago

Which part of your amazon link to you put into the amazon module. I put my whole link in, and when i went back to the module, i saw there was only a code, so i only started adding the code part of my link. Tell me thats not wrong. I dont feel like doing it all over again.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ruan, once again you're confusing the instructions on the affiliate site, which are intended for your own website, with the instructions for HP.   

You can't use any of the HTML code.  Search for the product you want on Amazon.com (not on the affiliate site) and copy the ASIN or ISBN code.

ruanz3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

But they have to have a way of linking you to the product right? If you wana make commission that is.

1. blondepoet profile image79
          blondepoetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You don't have to worry as long as your amazon code is written on HP's affiliate page, the same as your adsense code goes there.
          Then when you add a capsule to one of your hubs the link to Amazon is automatic.

I get it now thanks. I was away from hubpages for so long that i forgot how the system works. I even forgot my amazon login details. o_O

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Put the ASIN or ISBN in

I've bolded it in this example

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1580052592/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_t2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0QNN4P80QYTGQCZ9S48H&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Yup, this is the code that i used. I just didnt know it was unique for each affiliate. Thanks.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It isn't unique for each affiliate.  If you're using Amazon on your own website, you have to include your affiliate code in each product advertisement.  On HubPages, your affiliate ID is entered on your Affiliate Settings page, and is referenced automatically by your Amazon capsules.

3. blondepoet profile image79
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

If you are putting specific keyword products in the capsule you put the amazon address of the particular product in the spaces provided or you can just press the link that finds products for you.
    I normally have an amazon page open at the same time of the item I want displayed and I copy the address of that page into the empty link in the capsule.

working