jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Google Adsense Question

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image95
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 7 years ago

Hello, all

I hope that you will forgive me in the sense that I probably already know the answer to this question but when it comes to Google Adsense, who among us who use it can afford to take a chance of getting banned given the extremely strict policies!

My point is very simple:

Today I came across a Hub which featured a Google Ad which I desperately wanted to click on because it was of great interest to me. Clearly, it was not my Hub and to be perfectly honest I had never even heard of the Hub author before. Then I stopped...

Because I was signed in to Hub Pages, would Google perhaps have thought it was some sort of collaborative ploy and sanctioned both the other Hubber and me?

I know this is probably paranoia and I am sorry but is that not the way the Web is going?

Essentially, all I want to know is whether it is OK to click on another Hubber's featured ads that we may find of genuine interest while signed in to Hub Pages?

Thanks for any and all replies,

Gordon

2. blondepoet profile image80
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

Actually I have wondered this too. Especially when I am reading a hub with something on it I am really keen on I have wondered whether it is safe to click as well.
    I have refrained as I don't ever want to do anything that may jeopordise my adsense account.

Gordon Hamiltonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for commenting, blondepoet

Glad I'm not the only one wondering! smile

Hopefully we can both find out the definitive answer.

3. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 7 years ago

I think it's a good habit to not click ads. Rather be safe than sorry.

Right click on the ad and do Copy Link Location (or whatever it is in your browser of choice).

Then paste the URL into a notepad document.

You'll see all the tracking stuff at the start, you should quite easily be able to figure out which bit is the URL destination.

Then copy and paste that into your browser address bar.

4. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 7 years ago

This is what a link looks like (I changed some details so as not to get anyone in trouble if someone ever clicks it)

http://gooogleads.g.doublecluck.net/acl … s&nm=2

EDIT: You'll have to mouse over and look at the address in the bottom left of your browser window. Even if it manages to fit. But you'll of course see it in notepad when you paste it.

And the bit after url= is the target URL:

http://www.gabrielmethod.com.au/weightloss&nm=2

That's the bit you'd visit without it being an Adsense ad.

Gordon Hamiltonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, darkside

Excellent advice and help provided as always,

Gordon smile

2. blondepoet profile image80
      blondepoetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks DS cool advice.

5. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

Sometimes I just open another browser window and Google what the ad said that caught my attention and find it that way too.

I won't click on anyone's ads for that same fear.

working