jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

Kontera, AdSense & Chitika with HubPages

1. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 7 years ago

I came across this yesterday and would like to get some Hubber & Hub Pages feedback on it.

Is it possible to integrate all three into my Hubs?
    I am able to use and back link to my hubs from another site.
    Would it be practical to use them here?

Many thanks,

James

1. MyWebs profile image85
      MyWebsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can use AdSense and Kontera here on HubPages. Chitika does not work with HubPages..

In my opinion your probably better of using either AdSense or Kontera in any one hub, but not both. Some users find Kontera popup like ads to be annoying when you accidentally mouse over them, I know I sure do.

I have read some of the top publishers here say that Kontera really isn't worth using unless you get substantial traffic, think like 100,000 views per month. It would be a good idea to closely read Kontera's TOS too.

2. profile image0

MyWebs, many thanks.

3. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't even bother with Kontera until you're getting at least 10000 monthly page views.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
      Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

He's right.

2. skyfire profile image72
      skyfireposted 7 years ago

chitika is not available on hubpages. And earning from kontera is like getting payments once in solace.

3. profile image0

many thanks on the info.

sucks, but i might have to pull out of HP.

With one book in print and a second nearly complete.
      Wanted to use HP to expand the scope, but due to the content nature, re-wording a chapter is challenging, else HP will scold me.

but being able to use multiple revenue generators (AdSense, Chitika) -as well as Lulu's extended reach program- is the goal.

Honestly, is Kontera worth it, if I drive traffic from the site and affiliate links to HP?
      I can use Google & Chitika on my website and strictly Kontera here.

4. skyfire profile image72

Don't put hopes on kontera instead go with adsense on site+HP. Plus you can also use squidoo lenses for book promotion. To be honest, kontera will hardly earn $ no matter what niche we choose, hovering ads are distracting so gets clicked rarely.

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 7 years ago in reply to this

right on, skyfire.
        might just opt ad sense here and on my site as well.
        thanks.

5. MyWebs profile image85
      MyWebsposted 7 years ago

Amazon and eBay are two other good options. eBay comes with a catch though, they are not accepting new hubbers. If you have your own web site then you may be better off applying based on that web site. Then using the account on hubpages.

From what I see AdSense and Amazon are the two most popular choices here, with some also saying they do well on eBay.

1. profile image0

okay, so I now have Ad Sense & Amazon active.
        about amazon: how many product links on each hub?

2. skyfire profile image72

That depends on the topic of your hub. If you want to check out as per specific-topic then try reading some of the hubs of nelle, oli. That way, you can decide a number for yourself. (see how many products other writers in your niche are promoting, that will give you good competitive number).

working