jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (18 posts)

How to use channels when posting hubs?

1. Dorsi profile image91
    Dorsiposted 9 years ago

I have seen some discussion about using channels here for hubs and honestly, being a newbie I have'nt got that far yet. (this is definitely an earn while I learn experience!) So my question is for those that use the channel feature- what is the best way to go about using them and have you made more money and got more traffic using targeted channels?
    Thanks!

2. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 9 years ago

I believe people are talking about Google AdSense URL Channels, which allow you to track how much money each channel (each Hub) is making.

https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … ;topic=152

You can set up to 200 URL channels, so you can conceivably track up to 200 Hubs individually.

1. Dorsi profile image91
      Dorsiposted 9 years ago in reply to this

(and btw: thanks for the direction for understanding channels- this "technical" stuff is what gets me- I can write but learning how to do the technical stuff is a whole 'nother ball of wax!!!)

3. Dorsi profile image91
    Dorsiposted 9 years ago

Well I'm set up for adsense, and am tracking hubs, so I guess I am setting up my channels when I post my hubs? When you have a hub that could fall into 2 or more categories can you post in more than one?

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Channels aren't something you set up at HubPages. They're set up within your Google AdSense account. All you need is the URL (link) to the Hub you want to track the revenue generation for - you don't need to classify or categorize it at all.

1. Dorsi profile image91
        Dorsiposted 9 years ago in reply to this

OK thanks, I need to spend some time learning adsense better. I jumped right into writing here, but I need to take some time studying affiliates and adsense.
        Ah the discipline begins..lol....

4. Sally's Trove profile image99
    Sally's Troveposted 9 years ago

Dorsi, I'm exactly in the same place you are.  Great question to throw out here.  I'd been wondering about "channels".  Thanks Jason for explaining that this is something you set up in AdSense.  I can do that!

5. chantelg4 profile image80
    chantelg4posted 9 years ago

I use channels all the time, it's the only way to really know which hubs are performing best. This can also help you discover possible connections of certain articles topics.

When you login in to your adsense account, click the tab that says Adsense Set Up then click on the channels sub tab. You will see an area that says "custom channel" and "url channels". Click on url channels and then "add new url". A box will appear and this is where you need to enter the hub url in question. Hope this helps.

6. Sally's Trove profile image99

There's a new hub out there that might be helpful.  http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Set-Up-Adsense-Channels

1. William F. Torpey profile image82
      William F. Torpeyposted 9 years ago in reply to this

That URL has a period at the end -- won't work that way.

7. Sally's Trove profile image99

William, there's a fairy or an imp in the posting system.  If you look at my post, there is no period.  But if you look at my quote within your comment, there is one.  Yup, time for a scotch.

1. donnaleemason profile image72
      donnaleemasonposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like an idea, I might join ya.
      Donna

8. William F. Torpey profile image82
    William F. Torpeyposted 9 years ago

It must have been a leftover Leprechaun  from Saint Patrick's Day.

9. Sally's Trove profile image99

That leftover Leprechaun is joining me right now for a little end-o-day celebration.  Hope you have a great evening!

10. ms kim profile image60
    ms kimposted 9 years ago

OK I have set up my adsense for channels (I also have a blog that I keep track of).  My question, does the URL have to be to a specific hub or can I just use hubpages.com and group them all together that way?  I have the blog under it's own URL and as of yet just want to seperate the 2.  Haven't even thought about tracking individual hubs yet that will be the next project I suppose, once I get the hang of hubpages.  Thanks

1. embitca profile image87
      embitcaposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you can start off just tracking hubpages.com and your blog url. If you see a lot of your adsense income coming from Hubpages, then at that point, you might want to get a better understanding of which hubs are performing for you and start tracking by individual hub.

11. ms kim profile image60
    ms kimposted 9 years ago

Thanks

12. goldendragon profile image60
    goldendragonposted 9 years ago

You can use Adsense channel feature to track whole domain, a subdomain, a directory or a specific file on your server.  When you login to your Adsense account and click Adsense Setup, and then Channels button, then URL channels, you will see the example.  It is simple process.  No technical stuff involved.

working