jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Odd Adsense days

1. mcbean profile image82
    mcbeanposted 6 years ago

Every so often I have really strange days with adsense.

My click through rate goes up by I have a corresponding drop in value per click. This drop is very significant with the average click value on these days 5 - 6 times less than normal.
    This does not include zero value clicks that occur occasionally either.
    That is obviously a huge percentage variation.

Anyone else have days with such massive drops in click value? It seems odd that all clicks seem to be tiny when my writing covers a wide variety of topics and all seem affected.

1. Dale Mazurek profile image59
      Dale Mazurekposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You know I used to always think I had the answers to Adsense.

The truth is no one will ever figure it out.

I just continue doing what I am doing and some how in the end it works out quite nicely.

I guess it just matters on what people are paying for Adwords on that day.

How many people are paying and how the searches are going.

I know this doesnt really help with what you asked.  I learned a long time ago to just go with the flow with adsense and pay attention to the TOS

2. mcbean profile image82
    mcbeanposted 6 years ago

Sounds about right to me Dale.

I wouldn't be surprised if google added some kind of random element into the way ads are served for each account just to keep everyone guessing. They are very protective of the information they let out and steady, regular numbers make it easier to work out how their programs function.

3. Mutiny92 profile image87
    Mutiny92posted 6 years ago

That is funny, because I was just having the same kind of day today.  My adsense page impressions were similar to the last week, but the CPM$ and the clicks went down significantly.

4. Dale Mazurek profile image59
    Dale Mazurekposted 6 years ago

I have had days with 8 dollar clicks and then the next day the same site is giving me 4 cent clicks

Actually adsense has been a great source of income for me the last about 2 years so like I said I stopped trying to figure them out.