Quick question regarding duplicate content

1. elisabeth reid profile image77
    elisabeth reidposted 8 years ago

I just created a hub and wham!  it got tagged for duplicate content.  I used two quotes (one of them was a dictionary definition) -- both of them necessary to the hub, in my opinion -- and I gave credit for both. 

None of the rest of the content was copied from anywhere.

I requested a review, but now I'm concerned and wondering if I should wait for the review or simply delete the hub.  But I really don't want to, besides...it appears to be published.  I thought that if it was flagged, it wouldn't show? 

And the evening was going so well, too.

2. Stacie Naczelnik profile image88
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago

Just wait.  You might not hear back until tomorrow as it is night time on the West Coast.

Don't delete it.  This has happened to most of us at some point. When it happened to me, I didn't change a thing but submitted it for review and it was cleared without a problem.

3. elisabeth reid profile image77
    elisabeth reidposted 8 years ago

Yeah...I figured it would be a while before I heard anything because it's late...but it's been a slow night (shhhhh...don't tell The Powers That Be) so I figured I might as well be productive somewhere.  Now I'm going to worry.

Oh well...best just to finish up here, go home, read a while, drown myself in chocolate and wait.

I ever mention how lousy I am at waiting?