jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How to best use Amazon Assoc. options?

1. Lynda Gary profile image61
    Lynda Garyposted 6 years ago

I am confused...

With Amazon Assoc (and even Adsense), there are options to drive traffic to your hubs, but I'm confused how to use them.

When they give you all of the code, they say, "copy and paste this to ..."  and that's where I'm lost.

Where do we paste the code after we copy it?  Is that even possible here on HP?  Or are we limited to the use of simply putting a check mark in the various boxes when we start a new hub?

2. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

When you loging to amazon associates site you'll get affiliate ID in the left hand column. Use that id to paste it in hubpages affiliate settings. Other than this there is no copy paste to do.

When you write your hubs all you have to do is position your amazon capsule and add the keyword or choose products to display.There is no need for any copy pasting any code in hub or in capsule.

3. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 6 years ago

Thats right.  The code is for use on ordinary websites or blogs.  On Hubpages the Amazon capsule is all you need.

4. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

lynda, you open up 'my account' at top of page and click on 'affiliates' you will see the boxes for both google and amazon.
    click edit and enter your code exactly as it looks, or it won't work. then click o.k.

5. Lynda Gary profile image61
    Lynda Garyposted 6 years ago

Thanks everyone.  Rik, actually, was spot on with his/her answer. 

I didn't know if there was some way to do MORE, and apparently there isn't.

This came up because I got an email from Amazon Assoc telling me, well, to do more...