jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Amazon Affiliates

1. Christineharper profile image60
    Christineharperposted 6 years ago

Hi
    Im new to Hub pages but I am really looking forward to sharing my ideas and interest with the internet. I need help with my Amazon Associates. Where on your web page to yoou copy and paste the HTML code that links hubpages to your Amazon store and how do you get pictures of Amazon products on your webpages. I just cant figure it out and I know I am doing something wrong somewhere can anyone help me in simple terms please
    Thanks

2. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 6 years ago

You don't paste HTML codes into Hubs.  Once your affiliate code is entered into your affiliate settings page here, you just add products using an Amazon capsule.

1. Christineharper profile image60
      Christineharperposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh thanks a lot like I said Im a real newbie

3. Lynda Gary profile image61
    Lynda Garyposted 6 years ago

So ... we can't use the Amazon Associates options for their aStore and endless.com (shoes, handbags) or any of their "best purchase" products?

Or, is it that we have to find those items via Amazon.com, then submit the URL using the capsule?

1. The10DollarMark profile image60
      The10DollarMarkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's right. None of them fancyshmancy stuff.

You have to put the product url into the capsule (or you can enter a search term and the capsule will do its best to find items related to it)

2. thisisoli profile image62
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can of course create a text link to the URL of your Amazon aStore, if you are feeling really fancy you could even create an aStore for every region, and then link through to a geotargetting frame to maximize sales!

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Now you've made my head spin....

Hang on, how can you geotarget on Amazon?

1. thisisoli profile image62

You need to build a geotargetted page which loads the aStore for the country the visitor lives in, it can be a pain to set up sometimes but it definately has it's benefits!

4. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

As Marisa said, wow! now that's very cool information and would make a interesting Hub, thisisoli big_smile I expect to see it within 72 hours, chop chop get to work big_smile hehe (teasing you, k wink  )

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Darn right oli, let us know when it's done!

1. thisisoli profile image62

Haha might get it written up, don't expect much hubbing from me for a few weeks though, leaving the country in t-minus 12 hours tongue

5. MrsMoody profile image22
    MrsMoodyposted 6 years ago

Somehow i prefer Adsense than amazon affiliates, i have registered my site and put their ads in my site for about 2 months, i don't earn anything yet. But with Adsense, i just put their ads about last week, and i start earning, eventhough not much yet, but it started.

6. Falsor Wing profile image87
    Falsor Wingposted 6 years ago

Ow my brain, I can add the amazon things and put search tags (which I'm still picking almost at random for everything no idea what to do with tags) and then stuff comes up. what was all that about linking url's and some amazon store? (isn't amazon already a store?)

7. sunforged profile image63
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Enjoy the flight!

Happy Trails (helping you get used to your western talk)

are you geotargetting via htaccess? or a simpler method?

working