jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Ashamed to ask-duplicate content?

1. fitnessluz profile image59
    fitnessluzposted 7 years ago

I have a series of articles posted on my Wordpress blog, since I wrote them, I thought I could submit them here too (naive, I guess?) As I was posting one I went ahead and added some new paragraphs..Is this considered duplicate or worse, unacceptable? I want to do what's right.
    Thanks

1. mailxpress profile image71
      mailxpressposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi,
      When I first started writing at Hubpages I learned that when I copied and pasted a paragraph or two while creating a new Hub I was immediately warned and it was not published.  I was told to change it.  Over time I learned how to write many articles, hubs and blogs on the same topic but always wrote new and original content.
      mailxpress

2. Ohma profile image81
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

It does not matter if they are yours or not. If you publish something here that is already on the Internet HP will flag it as duplicate.

3. AllanWrites profile image59
    AllanWritesposted 7 years ago

I'd say publish whatever doesn't fit your website's niche on hubpages and keep the rest on your site

fitnessluzposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks guys..problem is, my website's niche is the same topic I want to hub about..it's what I know, but rules are rules

1. mailxpress profile image71
        mailxpressposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hello fitnessluz,
        I write many articles the same topic/subject BUT I always create new and original content and add at least one Tidbit of different information.  I recently put together a hub called keyword mixers.  I feel you would find it very helpful.  I explain step-by-step how I create new work at different website on the same topics and subjects.
        Let me know if it helps you.
        mailxpress

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Well, technically you can submit them here, but by using content that's already on the web 1) you will automatically get a reduced score and 2) if there are any outgoing links, the hub will be flagged as overly-promotional.

So, if you like to avoid both of those situations, you should stick to original content.

No, no links..purely informative... my blog is recent and I am still tweaking it and getting the hang of it in terms of SEO stuff..so no links on that post

2. fitnessluz profile image59

So if I want to keep a good score  I should delete the post in question?

1. Ivorwen profile image86
        Ivorwenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Delete or re-write them enough so that they are no longer duplicate.

I have taken the same topic and written the same basic information, just presented in a new way, three to four times and never had a duplicate flag on it... even though the basic information was the same.

Thank you all for the advice

working