jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (22 posts)

Exciting news! How I got a great backlink...

1. Lynda Gary profile image59
    Lynda Garyposted 6 years ago

I wish I could site my source, but I can't remember who it was here that made a very valuable suggestion:  Write to a high rating site and see if they will provide a link to your hub.

Well, that's what I've spent the last hour doing -- Finding, writing to, and now replying to emails I'm receiving from site operators, etc.

In the past 5 minutes, I've received three "Yes" answers: They WILL post my links to topic-relevant hubs I've written.  In one case, I've been invited to write FOR the site, a site with a rank of 9!  And, yes, they'll pay me.  So, I'll get lots of backlinks AND a paycheck for each submission.  How cool is that?

It's like the first time I was professionally published:  I was solicited; I didn't have to seek and find.  Luck, luck, luck. smile
    (That was the equivalent of knocking 3 times on wood, fyi)

Just wanted to share the news in case some of you are wondering whether it's worth the time and effort.

1. shazwellyn profile image84
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well done! Brilliant news - I have had the same success with strummerville and  BBC radio 6.  Good for you my friend! x

2. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

that is very cool! good work smile

3. Aya Katz profile image90
      Aya Katzposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's great news! Looks like you know what you're doing.

I have a naive question: how do you determine that a site is high ranking?

2. Peter Hoggan profile image85
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

That is good news Lynda, congratulations!

3. Faybe Bay profile image84
    Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago

That is most excellent news! I hope soon I will cut through all of my "weeds" and be able to comprehend the back-linking and all. Congratulations Linda, This is great news. smile

4. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

Awesome, do you also have to provide backlinks to them or its one-way thing?

5. PrettyPanther profile image85
    PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago

Good for you!  I just checked out your hubs and it is well deserved.

6. thooghun profile image86
    thooghunposted 6 years ago

Excellent work Lynda. This is what having a pair of (figuratively of course) brass balls can do for you.

Who dares, wins!

7. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

Congratulations!  smile

8. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

That's a good idea (although I've always been kind of shy about doing that type of thing).  At the same time, though, I've had people e.mail me to ask if I'd put a link on a high-rating Hub, and I haven't thought anything of it.  It's pretty much no skin of my nose to add a link, as long as don't find the site objectionable. I don't know why I feel like it's such a big deal for me to be the one to e.mail.  (Sometimes there's no logic in shyness, I guess - and there's no place for shyness in business either.  Still, knowing that doesn't help me much.)

9. Lynda Gary profile image59
    Lynda Garyposted 6 years ago

This is basically what I emailed to the various sites:

I've written an article that I hope you'll link to from your site.  It is about (topic) and you can find it here: (insert link).

You'll notice that I referenced your site in my article.

I am an attorney, an author, and a life coach.  I'm in the process of building my own site, (url), where you can read more about me, if necessary.

If you need additional information, just let me know!

So, for you shy one's, maybe that will help. wink

Utimate hubber: I'm not sure I understand your question.  I provide the link to my hub, and as soon as they post it on there site, it becomes a backlink to my hub.  See?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
      Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh, I got my answer from the message you sent them. big_smile

I've been suggesting people to try this. smile

10. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

That is brilliant news, Lynda!! WTG!!

I spent some time looking at sites to backlink to, but every single one I looked at was nofollow, so I gave up!

Lynda Garyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Even no-follows will provide traffic.

11. Mezo profile image81
    Mezoposted 6 years ago

Congratulations big_smile
    great idea

12. MyWebs profile image83
    MyWebsposted 6 years ago

Congratulations Lynda, that is really cool.

You can't be afraid to ask other web sites for a relevant link, worst they can do is ignore you or say no. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

But a yes makes up for so many no's doesn't it Lynda? smile

Yes, it does!  I've been fortunate and have not received many "no's" but the ones you do get "sting" a bit, regardless. wink

13. Mike Rogers profile image60
    Mike Rogersposted 6 years ago

Lynda Gary,

Congratulations on a great example of proactive marketing.

Two questions...

1. Did those sites tell you on what page they would place your link?

2. Will the link be an anchor link of your choice?

Thanks for any additional insight you can provide.

Mike smile

No, they didn't say.  I didn't ask.

But, in looking at my traffic sources, there is already a significant increase coming from one particular site, and I can see, too, that it is directing traffic to my website (which motivates me to finish the damn thing)

Also, using the suggestion to provide links in forums with relevant subject matter, I am now getting increased traffic that way, too.  Enough to make a difference.  People are curious; they see a link and click...

14. cblack profile image84
    cblackposted 6 years ago

That is really great to know. Thanks!

15. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Lynda, as long as you're pleased about it, and you can make it work for you, then Congratulations are in order. smile

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! smile