jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Posting on Craigslist

1. Brie Hoffman profile image79
    Brie Hoffmanposted 7 years ago

Is it against the rules to post your hubs on Craigslist?  I know that Craigslist doesn't want urls but is it against any hubpages rules or google rules?  Also, I write on topics, not reviews so keep that in mind.  I just want to make sure I'm not breaking any rules.

Thanks

2. Ohma profile image79
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

I have seen HubPages advetised on Craigs list but I am not sure if it is a wise idea.

Brie Hoffmanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't advertise...what I do is I look in the rants and raves section and if they are talking about a topic I have written on I will post my title and url and sometimes a few lines.  Is that against any rule?

3. Ohma profile image79
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

I really have no idea, sorry. Hopefully some one will come along with an answer soon.

Thanks, I just don't want to be one of those people who get "disabled" one of these days with no warning.  The TOS rules don't really spell it out very clearly.

4. sunforged profile image72
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

its your content - hubpages and google has no say in where you share the address that leads to it

craigslist and its users may not appreciate it though, youll find out quick as it will get flagged, to many flags and your account will get closed.

if your looking for earnings its a waste of time to post in such a way

I get flagged sometimes and I've had to use a different tel no once but it works pretty well for me especially if I can fit it into the topic at hand...I just don't want to get in trouble.

1. sunforged profile image72
        sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i dont see the point...do you get thousands of visitors from the links? your time s better spent.

but, the wost that happens is your cl account gets closed, not to hard to make new ones as long as you have multiple phone numbers

I can easily get a thousand a day without trying too hard and with a little research.

I think that's pretty good but I don't know for sure.

1. sunforged profile image72
            sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

that is good ...keep doing it ! I stand corrected

Ok, I guess I will.  Thanks for the input.

5. sunforged profile image72
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

but your intention matters - i expect 10 clicks minimum per 1000 visitors from search traffic, from 1000 visitors that come from a referring link I wouldnt expect any clicks and unless it was a sales based hub with an item or service for sale and I posted the link at craigslist in a discussion about people trying to buy a similar service..i wouldnt expect any monetary returns.

Do you see monetary benefits from attracting this type of traffic?

Yes, otherwise why would I want to keep doing it?  Of course my hubs are not reviewer type hubs but more along the lines of political and social discourses.  But I have books and stuff like that advertised that deal with the subject I am talking about.

Closed to reply

working