jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Funny reasons to be a hubber

1. weblog profile image59
    weblogposted 6 years ago

Got any? smile

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm from the Boston area (for anyone who doesn't know, they call Boston, "The Hub") - so it just seems like a natural extension, I guess.  Of course, with my Boston accent, it would be better to be able to call myself a "Hubba".  Better still, if others said about me - "Hubba, hubba" (but, in all honesty, I don't think anyone would say that).  smile  Still, being a "Hubba" sounds betta than being a "Squidoo-a" or an "AC-a."  Then, of course, there's Hubba Bubba bubble gum (which I've never in my life chewed but which does make "Hubba" seem more legitimate than the other two I mentioned).

Whether any of this is funny or not, I doubt; but I didn't say I was a funny Hubba, just a Hubba from the Hubba Massachusetts.  (Hey, it's about all I can come up with...  hmm)

2. goldenpath profile image81
    goldenpathposted 6 years ago

Sometimes, when on the golden porcelain throne, I ponder the world and perceive ideas that need to be shared with the world. smile Hence, the great HubPages community!

3. thooghun profile image87
    thooghunposted 6 years ago

Threatening people who know nothing about the Internet with my adsense empire.

4. samboiam profile image59
    samboiamposted 6 years ago

In the words of Brad Paisley, "I'm so much cooler online."