jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Approximate time for improvement in.....

1. Jule Romans profile image88
    Jule Romansposted 6 years ago

After deliberate effort with keywords and basic SEO, how long did it take you to see if an approach is working?

I have the same basic question about Adsense and Amazon, too.  If I am applying basic strategies, how long before  you saw/I should see ANY earnings?

I am not asking because I want quick money, honest. I am asking because I need some concrete feedback. I feel like I am wandering around in the dark here. I'd like to know what to look for to know I am moving in the right direction.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

It starts very slowly for most people and gradually picks up speed as you roll along. It definitely takes some patience, especially in the first few months.
    Sounds like you are doing the right things.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

After four years here, I look at thing in terms of weeks and when I compare, I contrast months across the year or do a same-time-last-year comparison. 

The majority of people who are new to HubPages and somewhat new to earning via web content often say it was 6 months to a year before they got the hang of what they were writing and started to see some sort of steady earnings.

4. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Hi Jule, I just checked out your hubs and I think that they look fantastic. All I can say is that I've learned that it takes ALOT of content to make consistent money and pay your bills working online.

So with that said keep on keeping on. Yes, you are on the right track.

The internet marketing landscape changes so often and the competition is so fierce, that it's impossible to say how a niche or hub will do. I always feel a little like I'm playing the lottery. So it's hard to know when things will pick up. I've written hubs I thought were sure winners that have been duds. And a few off-beat ones have made me lots of money. You just never know.

1. Jule Romans profile image88
      Jule Romansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you  all so much. I really appreciate the advice.

Rochelle, thanks for the welcome. I am headed to study your hubs now!

Ironically,  Nelle and Relache, you are the two hubbers I have studied most closely. I've read your comments quite closely in the forums and read many of your hubs. :-) So, it's great to hear your  thoughts.

5. MyWebs profile image84
    MyWebsposted 6 years ago

Nelle or relache: would you say that about 1 in 10 hubs will do great and the rest are just alright or so, with a dud or two mixed in there?

You both probably do get a better percentage than that since ya'll are much better at this than the rest of us.

I'm happy with 1 in 10 getting good traffic and some AdSense clicks on a regular basis. Of course more would be better....

6. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I thank you for looking.
    Nelle and Relache are certainly the ones to study if you really want to earn. I'm in it more for the fun and interaction, but have been pleasantly surprised that I'm getting a few dollars as well.