jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Extreme makeover

1. brianzen profile image61
    brianzenposted 6 years ago

Whomsoever finds my hub may he lendeth me the guidance, that I may call him brother, or sister, or maybe just thank that person.

2. KCC Big Country profile image82
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HP.   I looked over a couple of your hubs and there are a couple of things that come to mind immediately.

You need to break up your text.  It's running all together which makes it difficult to read on a computer screen.  Use at least 2 or 3 text boxes. 

The length of your hubs needs to be doubled.  However, breaking up the text like I mentioned above will at least help it visually.  You want to try to shoot for at least 500 words.  That gets easier with practice.

Try to incorporate other elements such as links to similar articles or source material, YouTube videos that illustrate what you're talking about, free photos (Wikimedia Commons, etc)news capsules, etc.

You'll get the hang of it.  Look around at other hubbers.  You could start with hubbers with scores above 95 who have been around at least 6 months.  (that's not a hard fast rule, just making sure they're not as new as you are).

Good luck!

brianzenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you

3. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Clearly you have the range of subject matter.. but the emphasis should be to work on your layout and presentation (as KCC has said).  I prefer to work on the 'Quality ahead of Quantity' principle here and also recommend hubs that have a word content in the range of 800 - 1500. hmm

Welcome to HP btw and hope you enjoy the experience smile

Thank you

1. shazwellyn profile image82
        shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You have real potential Brian.  Make the adjustments that KCC have given you and come back to extreme hub makeover for comments.  Pearldiver, KCC and the community really want to help you - watch your authorscore rise!  Share the love and take the hubpages tour

The joy of hubpages is sharing the loooooove!

I am setting out now, to at the very least, break up the content capsules, so it doesn't look so jumbled. I like it here and actually have been hub hopping an awful lot. Thanks everybody. Lots of beneficial stuff to work with. And Shazwellyn  I cannot thank you enough you have helped me tremendously so far, Thank you.

4. anuragweb18 profile image60
    anuragweb18posted 5 years ago

Please look to my hubs located at

http://hubpages.com/hub/Ideas-for-Valen … ou-beloved
    http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-earn-mor … le-Adsense
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Making-use-of-s … ur-website

I am new to hubpages. So i want suggestions from you people. Please do tell me and feel free to comment.