jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (12 posts)

Guess who's coming to dinner...and why???

1. defenestratethis profile image60
    defenestratethisposted 6 years ago

I tried posting this in The Hubbers Hangout, and only got one response, so Im gona try it here..just for kicks. You're holding a lavish dinner party. Youre in charge of the menu, the chefs, and most importantly..the guest list. Youre allowed to invite ANY fifteen people, living OR dead, of your own choosing. Who would you invite, and why?

1. Rafini profile image87
      Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

who would you invite?  ...and...why?

1. defenestratethis profile image60
        defenestratethisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I asked you first..lol. No, but seriously, Id invite some of my ancestors first..like great great great great grandparents on both sides (thats 4) just out of curiousity and a natural wonder at who I came from. And i think Id invite some of the religious icons...like jesus, buddha, krishna, rumi (thats another 4) Einstein and Edison, cuz I love science. VanGogh and DaVinci cuz I also love art. And then George Carlin and Eddie Murphy, because more than anything..i love to laugh. I have a feeling though, that my list would change a lot before the night of the dinner..

good answers.

I'm thinking, I'm thinking!

Oprah, Michael Jackson, Einstein, George Washington, Johnny Depp, Queen Elizabeth, Princess Diana Thomas Jefferson, Edison, Jesus, Moses, Anastasia, Evel Knievel, Benjamin Franklin, Martin Luther King, Jr.

i would invite these 15 people because I think they are fascinating.

1. profile image0
            china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wow - these things may be just for fun but they do say loads about us - Your list is all the people I would definately NOT invite  big_smile big_smile

lol lol

2. defenestratethis profile image60
              defenestratethisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah..so? Who would you invite?

1. profile image0
                china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have just got up and on my first coffee - can I come back later and do it when I can think and see at the same time please smile

2. brianzen profile image60
      brianzenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wiiliam Shakespear, Jim Morrison, Glen Danzig, Yoda, Bill Murray, Christopher Walkin, Jack Nicholson, William Shatner, And the girls would be,Kate Beckinsale,Queen Elizabeth,Janis Joplin,Mary Shelly,Liv Tyler,Shirley Moon, and Mother Theresa to sort it out. As to why I can say its a split between learning more, just for kicks, and maybe a little eye candy.

2. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

I'd invite all the guys from my Medical Platoon of HHC 1/52nd Mech Inf. They were the best group of friends I ever had the pleasure of serving with. I've lost contact with all but one of them, luckily he's still my best friend.

1. Pearldiver profile image87
      Pearldiverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe it's time for you to plan a dinner party? hmm

1. livewithrichard profile image85
        livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure they're spread out all over the US. I've tried to locate a few of them before. The buddy I'm still in contact is about to take on a huge job with the CDC in Washington DC. Once he's settled into his new position we're going to go visit. I'll keep searching though.

working