jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Newbie would love feedback!

1. DinnerMom profile image86
    DinnerMomposted 7 years ago

I am just getting started and would love any feedback on my style, etc. I have a lot of recipes that I developed for my meal assembly store. We were in operation for 3 years, but closed last year due to economic conditions. Now, I want to post my recipes. I am planning to use this format generally. I am still trying to learn about SEO, keywords, backlinks, etc. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Make-Ahead-Salm … n-Marinade

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's not a bad hub just needs a little re-formatting. For example - you have a table which due to formatting doesn't line up properly and look unprofessional.

Hubpages has a Table 'module' that will allow you to format this a lot better.

Try and incorporate the pictures in the content and perhaps make the whole hub a little more logical...

DinnerMomposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the info on Tables. I did not notice this previously and it was a big problem getting the information into the text.

Not sure exactly what you mean by logical?!

1. SimeyC profile image89
          SimeyCposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well. for example you had 'ingredients' in the middle of 'Assembly Instructions'. I'd find it easier to read if I had defined headings such as:

Ingredients
          Assembly Instructions
          Storage Instructions
          Cooking Instructions
          Other Tips.

It's a personal preference of mine - all my 'Guinness Recipes' use this type of format - I just find it easier to write a recipe hub like this and easier to follow....

2. Lynda Gary profile image60
    Lynda Garyposted 7 years ago

You did a nice job!

Have you figured out how to manipulate the capsules yet?  For example, take a look at my hub just published: http://hubpages.com/hub/Making-Nice-wit … r-to-Smile

See how I put my pics (and sometimes Amazon ads) to the right of the appropriate section?  You can easily do this, too, by using the arrows on the capsule bar.

You might consider putting the pic next to its description, etc.

Then, for your next hub, select the "copy other format" option and you'll be able to copy your formatting (with one click) from any other hub you've published.  Since you'll likely use the same formatting, this is a time savor.

DinnerMomposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the set-up advice!  I like how your hub is set up.

working