jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

1. Specialk3749 profile image60
    Specialk3749posted 6 years ago

To use a link of someone elses hub inside of your own hub, do you need to get permission from that person first?

1. Specialk3749 profile image60
      Specialk3749posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for advice.  I see what you all mean about it being a comment to them if I use their hubs.  I would  be thrilled if I knew if someone was using mine!  Rochelle Frank...I'm checking yours out now!  :-)

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I don't think it is required-- most people are glad to get it, but it would be nice to ask. You are likely to get a quick 'yes'.
    (You can link to any of mine smile .)

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

People are on HubPages because they want to be read. The more links, the better. You certainly do not have to ask. But if you do inform them, they may recipocrate.

4. Ultimate Hubber profile image81
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

No permissions required, legally or ethically.

5. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Just link to another hub if you want to, it is only going to benefit them!

6. shazwellyn profile image83
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

I know it isnt required, but I like to let them know.  It might be not exactly what they agree or like - the subject material. 

I know that I wanted to link with someone on one of my valentines hubs and so asked because it was a sterotype of what men really think are cool gifts when women dont thing that at all. 

It was good.  Now I have a good friend and he helped me make the adjustment more appropriate to encompase ideas from both hubs.

I think it is whatever you feel comfortable with really x

7. gm0nk3y profile image59
    gm0nk3yposted 6 years ago

It's a great way to network, so let them know and they will thank you for it.

8. Dolores Monet profile image92
    Dolores Monetposted 6 years ago

I think it's a good thing to let them know. Think about it. If someone links to your hub, that's a compliment and means that they think your piece is worthwhile. So let them know!

1. shazwellyn profile image83
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes.. I am thrilled when someone asks me!