jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Publishing Newspaper/Magazine Articles As Hubs

1. Susan Ng profile image90
    Susan Ngposted 8 years ago

Are we allowed to publish newspaper/magazine articles or articles written by someone else as hubs?  Like these:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Filipina-wins-s … ack-holes-
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Manila-Ocean-Pa … ember-2007

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

I would say no smile I think I've flagged this guy in the past.

3. Susan Ng profile image90

I thought not.  Thanks, Uninvited Writer.

4. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Unless the writer of the Hub was the writer of the news article.  William Torpey, for example, has some great hubs which are simply him publishing articles from ten years ago or more.. some of them are very very interesting.

Now, I will flag and have flagged in the past, hubs which are direct copies of articles the Hubber does not own the rights to, but it pretty much goes nowhere.

1. embitca profile image81
      embitcaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I think that's because under the DMCA rules, the original author or copyright owner is obligated to challenge the infringement and a third party challenge isn't valid.

5. Susan Ng profile image90

I see.  So if we wrote an article that was published in print, we can still publish it in Hubpages and that wouldn't be considered a duplicate.  What if the newspaper or magazine that printed our article has an online archive of all published articles?  Would our newly published hub be considered duplicate content then? hmm

6. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Yes - if it is on the internet, then it will show up as duplicate.

If you wrote it in the first place, you will be allowed to keep the Hub but its score will be penalised.

7. Dorsi profile image89
    Dorsiposted 8 years ago

So I can publish past columns that I've written for the newspaper that have never been on the internet?

8. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

If you own the copyright - go for it!