jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

adsense question

1. Browland profile image91
    Browlandposted 6 years ago

I'm still pretty new to Hubpages, and I wanted to ask: is it still worth it (money-wise) posting hubs if you lose your adsense account? Will Amazon and Kontera ever add up to anything, or if you lose adsense, have you basically blown it?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Take a look at Nelle Hoxie, she does very well with Amazon - but she is very skilled at what she does, and works very hard at it.

Most other Hubbers find Adsense is far and away their biggest earner, with Amazon and eBay coming a distant second/third.

2. livewithrichard profile image83
      livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you are willing to give up writing hubs that attract clicks and focus on hubs that promote a product, once your adsense account is gone, you really have nothing here to provide a decent return. Kontera is only worth it if you are attracting over 10,000 page views per month and even then it will only earn you about $10 a month. When you reach the levels of traffic of some senior hubbers here (100,000+ page views per month) then it becomes worth it.

So, it depends on what you want to write about, if you don't feel comfortable writing product oriented hubs then HP can still be a great place to share your writing and make friends.

3. Browland profile image91
      Browlandposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the advice

2. skyfire profile image73
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Don't expect much from kontera.

But if you can write hubs targeted for amazon then yes chances are there that you'll earn much from it. Nelle,thisisoli and some other members here can guide you much better for amazon related queries.

3. girly_girl09 profile image75
    girly_girl09posted 6 years ago

I make $50 to $100+ with Amazon, depending on the month. It can really vary depending on how many 'big ticket' items are sold.

I always make at least $150+ with Adsense each month.

Adsense is more 'reliable' for me, but yes, you can still earn some income with Amazon.

4. Dale Mazurek profile image56
    Dale Mazurekposted 6 years ago

Adsense is big but if done properly you can also make huge commissions from other affiliate programs like Clickbank.

The key is to learn how to do it properly as you need to provide information to people and not come on here and be a spammer.

Adsense is big for me but believe me when I say my affiliate commissions far out weigh what I make on Adsense.

Cheers

Dale

How do you set up another affiliate program like Clickbank through Hubpages? Can you still write any type of hub you want, just promoting products?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You have to apply to them directly.  Then you can use their text links.  You can't use banners at all.  And you can only have two text links in each Hub.

Ok, thanks. And I feel dumb asking, but what are banners?

1. skyfire profile image73
            skyfireposted 6 years ago in reply to this

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/4048/adsfu.jpg

5. Steve 3.0 profile image60
    Steve 3.0posted 6 years ago

I wonder how did you lose your adsense account?  Do they give you a lifetime ban or will they let you apply again?

6. Browland profile image91

I'm not sure but I'm still pretty bummed about it.

7. Browland profile image91

Thanks for showing me the difference between banner and text ads.

working