jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

A Kick in the Teeth

1. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Lets face it folks, every so often you suddenly realise that something has not been going exactly as planned. Such was the case today, when reviewing my hub incomes I discovered the following income rates on one of my mildly popular (1000+ pageviews a month) hubs.

Maybe I should have done my keyword research on this one, and asked myself who would be bidding on the keywords for 'google chrome addons' because it turns out they are worth about $0.0003 to $0.003 a click in most cases sad

2. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Oh my, well chalk it up to lessons learned.

Although is there a companion hub you could write and then link to it from this hub - and make a little advert for it. Or I would just put some fun somewhat related products on it and see if anything sells. Because you just never know.

1. thisisoli profile image73
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There is unfortuantely little in the way of products relating to Chrome, to be honest I thought Google would be paying better for it's promotion, I guess not though!

This is particularly worrying since Google chrome ads seem to appear quite a lot on a few of my websites!

3. The10DollarMark profile image61
    The10DollarMarkposted 6 years ago

Hmm. I'd use the hub as google juice. It's getting pretty decent traffic after all. I'd make a new similar hub, with better researched keywords, and have the old hub link to it. That way a % of readers might end up on the better hub, and it'd also help with google rankings of the new hub.

(hub or article or website... But the point is I'd use it as link power)