jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Why do the numbers not add up?

1. 2uesday profile image87
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

Why do the numbers on the 'Where Your Traffic is Coming From' stats. page show under 20 for a new site.  When the site I direct traffic here from when the URL tracker numbers I have in sole use for that site shows almost 200?

I am curious as to how accurately the traffic sources work and if they do not which of the HubPages stats. is the most reliable figure to go by.

I know about Google Anaylitics but sometimes I am spoilt for choice there with so many options I fail to be able to draw conclusions. OK, yes I am not that good at drawing conclusions about what all the numbers there mean.

I am looking for an easy way to see what is happening on the hubs I write and then I can try to improve the weaker ones.

1. Faybe Bay profile image84
      Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The best people to ask that are probably staff. i wish I could help, just giving you a boost. Maybe Skyfire knows.

2. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Google Analytics gives better explanation for traffic than Hubstats. I can't trust the numbers from hubstats as many times hubstat gets freezed and visits during downtime gets discarded as well.

For Google Analytics, check content tab to know more about how your hubs are performing.

3. 2uesday profile image87
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

Thank you Faybe Bay, and skyfire I will take a look at the Google Analytics content tab that might be what I need to make sense of the traffic on my hubs. Grateful for your help.