jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Pretty Obvious He Copied My Hub But Is It Too Much?

1. GreatTattoosNow profile image63
    GreatTattoosNowposted 8 years ago

Hi All-

I was hoping I could get some help here from my fellow hubbers.

I published this tattoo months ago back in September or maybe earlier I don't remeber.  It is getting a ton of search traffic etc.  Anyway it is here:

Then tonight I found another user who is pretty new created a similar hub. I though cool I will go and comment on it as comment and connecting iwth others is always part of the social networking and fun aspect of hubpages.  HOwever as I was reading his hub is sounded oddly familiar to me. 

It is not a simple cut and paste job I checked that out already and in the end he probably won't hurt the traffic to my hub becuase I have built many links back to this hug.  So in the end it doesn't really matter.

However I just wanted to get some clarification is this enough different to qualify to be published?  I know that most people are guessing to avoid the duplicate filter at google you have to change something by about 30% and I guess he has.  Just wondering if there is a hubpage policy on this and if they give out the figure for how much needs to be changed to be considered unique or is that proprietary.

This is not the first time I have had this happen just the first time here at Hubpages.  Many of my articles at ezinearticles have been copied and reposted everywhere.  I used to try and chase these people down with a Ciests and Desist or DCMA letter but at this point it is such a waste of my time to serve these letters to everyone that I would rather spend my time writing more hubs and content for my websites.

Just wondering what othe people thought?

Thanks for the input...

1. Misha profile image76
      Mishaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

My thoughts are pretty much like yours smile

I too have some content stolen, even without modifications, and I just don't bother - I think it's just not worth the effort most of the times...

2. GreatTattoosNow profile image63

Hey Misha thanks for the quick reply.  You post so quickly in the forums I can't beleive you have any time to post news hubs but numbers don't lie.

Anyway thanks for your comments.  Even though I tell myself it is flattering still kind of bugs in some ways but again really not worth the time to do anything about.  Kind of glad to hear other people think that way also.

3. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Well I gave him a thumbs down and a u a thumbs up so I hope that helps!

4. GreatTattoosNow profile image63

Hey Lessie!

Thanks that was cool of you to do!...

5. topstuff profile image59
    topstuffposted 8 years ago

I read the both though not completely.There is nothing to worry.Your post looks differently.i have given thumbs up to both hubs.Divine justice

6. charlemont profile image83
    charlemontposted 8 years ago

If your hub appeared previous to a thief's, then Google must have indexed yours in the first place.  So it knows you're the source of the content, and not the thief.
    A similar thing happens when you promote your hub with article directories.