jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

I accidentally clicked one of my google ads...

1. Dorsi profile image91
    Dorsiposted 6 years ago

Well I went and did it. The thing I had always hoped I would never accidentally do- I was trying to click on my link in a hub -  and accidentally moved and clicked the mouse right on an ad!! I clicked out right away.....AGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. starme77 profile image85
      starme77posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have done that a couple of times,  Google just didnt verify payment is all , didnt count it, I would think if you did it consistanly then it would be a problem

2. tony0724 profile image61
      tony0724posted 6 years ago in reply to this

The Black Helicopters should be hovering over your roof soon !

2. blondepoet profile image80
    blondepoetposted 6 years ago

Oh I hope it will be ok Dorsi. I'm not really sure how it works with one click I am sure there will be some-one here soon to help out.

3. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Dorsi,

Don't worry about accidents. GOOGLE looks at continuous abuses of clicks. One instant where an accident happens and repeated offenses are obvious.

But, a singular click from your own action will not get your account suspended.

Just to let you know. smile

4. gamergirl profile image62
    gamergirlposted 6 years ago

Yep, you're FINE, Dorsi.

It may have happened on Hubpages' share of the impressions, too, which wouldn't be so bad for you either.

(I'm pretty well sure the only way people get suspended off of Hubpages is either by pissin' off picture gallery posters or violating Adsense ToS, anyway.  tongue)

5. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I've done that a couple of times, but nothing has come of it.

6. 0
    wordscribe41posted 6 years ago

No worries, we've all done it.  I have.  Just don't do it again, that's all.

7. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Just keep an eye out for any black vans with tinted windows pulling up outside your house.

If you see some scrawny nerds emerging swinging mice around thier heads and practicing with their keyboard nunchucks you know you are in trouble, how dare you accidentally click a google ad tongue

1. earnestshub profile image86
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ollie what would we do without you! That was funny as hell! lol
      I have done it accidently a few times, but no black van yet! lol

8. Dorsi profile image91
    Dorsiposted 6 years ago

AH thanks you guys. You all made me feel better,and laugh too. Now I can go to sleep...lol

9. MagicStarER profile image93
    MagicStarERposted 6 years ago

I must admit to having clicked on one once.  It looked so interesting that I could not resist, and had clicked on it before I remembered I was on my own hub page.  OMG!  Oops...

1. donotfear profile image90
      donotfearposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've slip-clicked a few times. I hope they don't decide to drop the ball on me. It makes sense that they look for excessive clicks, not random. Everyone probably has at one time or another.